View Full Version : a BIG THANK YOU to the "Cuttyhunk" & "Connecticut" Surfcaster Clubs

bloocrab
09-29-2003, 09:01 AM
I'd like to extend my gratitude to the members of the Connecticut Surf-Casters Association as well as the Cuttyhunk SurfCasters Club for allowing me and Goose to participate in this years' "CuttyHunk Open".
Goose and I had a great time this past weekend and would like to give recognition to the great members of both clubs and the great time they hosted at the banquet following the tournament. Even though we weren't members of either club, both clubs made us feel MORE than welcome. It was great meeting you Cuttyhunter ;) . . .your one heck of a host and we can't wait to do it again next year. ...and errrr....mabye next year we'll take you up on that bed offer...and errrr....mabye not. You never know when that cow's gonna MOOOOOOO ;)

The tourney ran from 5Pm to 5Pm

Talk about male-bonding... :hihi:...Goose and I threw our first lures at the sound of the gun @5PM. After a long damp chilly night, , ,we headed back to camp @ 9am to get some...rest...:laughs: NOT!! We regrouped and tried some different strategies. We finally called it quits at around 2:30pm...I'll let you do the math on the hours spent fishing. Granted, we fished the best tides as well as the worst tides...spent countless hours casting to sea-bass...:cool: , but it was a GREAT adventure with an even Greater outcome. When there's a tourney at stake, Goose and I feel the same way...THERE'S NO TIME TO WASTE.

...maybe next year, more S-B folk will be interested in this GREAT event.

Again, I'd like to say THANK YOU ..,,.and look forward to doing it again next year. :)

likwid
09-29-2003, 09:21 AM
where'd ya fish on the rockpile bloo?

JohnR
09-29-2003, 09:28 AM
DAMN - I forgot about that Tourney, sheeeet!

Yep - rthe guys I've talked to from both clubs seem like great guys! Glad you two had some fun!

GBOUTDOORS
09-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Its not hard to guess who took first place for bait caught fish. I wish I had made it over Fri. too but with the late take off and the fog oh well theres allways next year. Congrats on your first place S-B member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :D :D :D

bloocrab
09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by likwid
where'd ya fish on the rockpile bloo?

...we fished from the beach :bshake:

bloocrab
09-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
... Glad you two had some fun! ...

:D We had more than fun John....

likwid
09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
oops
nevermind

i know where!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :laughs:

Goose
09-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Cuttyhunter(Slater), Chris Russo and Ct Surf casters a first class act. Thanks!! Having a busy work year I haven't had the chance to attend any flings . I always have fun BS'n with guys (I'm good at that) then fish that extra 10% in a different place is what makes these little get aways so much fun. Guys who went last year(CH) from S-B know how special that island is even when the bite slow. I was told there have been years where the fishin is red hot during the tourney, not the case this year. We landed a few fish to 37". None the less we had a blast going through are arsinal. Lookin forward to next year adventure"CUTTY ROCKS"

I know why you missed it Greg, you where supposed to follow me right??:laughs:

likwid
09-29-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm definitely gonna get in on this next year...

Slipknot
09-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Congrats Goose!

Wish I was there, even if it was slow. Just being there and having the chance of great fishing is enough for me.

cuttyhunter
09-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Goose and Bloo,

Great meeting you guys and congrats on the strong showing. Let me know if you are going to be on the island again this season. I'll be out at least two more times. Either way, good luck the rest of the Fall. The tourney date is already set for next season - Friday, September 25th at 5pm...Mark your calendar.

Cuttyhunter

JohnR
09-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Way to go guys!

Cuttyhunter - hopefully we'll have more representation next year. I wanted to go earlier but being unemployed I must pick my battles!

Great Job guys! Great Island! And we've always had a Great Host! (Hy GB :wavey: - Clammer and I were remeniscing tonight on the great times we had over there with you & the crew!)

Clammer
09-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Wish a had paid attention earlier in the year & went toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//

Atta boy goose///////////////////////:cool: