View Full Version : Dr. Laura Sez: Give Hubby Nookie Whenever He Wants It

fishweewee
10-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm...can't really disagree with the premise of this article. Sure you'll all get a chuckle out of this. :laughs:

Dr. Laura Tells Women: Just Do It

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

By Barbara Hoffmann

NEW YORK — Husbands need sex, and it's a wife's job to provide it - as much as he wants, whenever he wants it. So contends Laura Schlessinger (search) - better known as Dr. Laura, the ever-provocative radio-show shrink - in "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands."

In a galley of her book, coming out in January, Schlessinger describes what she calls "loving obligation" - that is, a spouse's duty to do something whether or not he or she feels like it.

If husbands are expected to "go to work and earn money" and visit relatives they don't like, she argues, why can't their wives put out on demand?

She also describes other ways a woman can make her marriage flourish: by making her husband her No. 1 priority; by not nagging, nitpicking or whining ("Be honest, girls, this is what we do") and by seeing her husband for what he is: "a gift from God," and respecting him accordingly.

This may all be very well, coming as it does from a married, conservative, 56-year-old with a Ph.D in physiology, but some therapists aren't buying her major thesis: that it's men who are starved for sex.

"In most marriages, it's the wife who wants sex, and the husband who doesn't," says Frederick Woolverton, a clinical psychologist and director of the Village Institute for Psychotherapy.

"Dating and honeymoons are all about sex. Marriage is all about intimacy. Men have affairs because they're afraid of intimacy."

It's true that sex is an essential part of marriage, Woolverton says, adding, "It's the women who are complaining."

Marcella Bakur Wiener, a clinical psychologist who has counseled couples for 30 years, agrees that the notion of the sex-starved husband is a generalization.

"Some men are insatiable, but so are some women," she says.

But no matter who needs it, she says, sex should never be something that's supplied on demand.

"There are so many things we already 'have to do' in life," Wiener sighs. "Why should there be a 'have to' in an intimate relationship?"

Yet another therapist sees Schlessinger's point - sort of.

Diana Adile Kirschner, a couples therapist, believes husbands and wives should meet each other's needs as long as it's not "a one-way deal."

"In the couples I see, the women want foreplay, romance, communication, which tends to open them up to being sexual," she says.

"When the man gets more sex, he feels more connected, and more like communicating. When a woman feels understood and romanced, she's more likely to feel more sexual."

Memo to Dr. Laura: Can "The Proper Care and Courtship of Wives" be far behind?

Big Vern
10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
My Buddy Tells His Wife: You Have a Choice...

10-1-2003

By Don Corleone

BOSTON — Husbands need sex, and it's a wife's job to provide it - as much as he wants, whenever he wants it. However, sometimes when said husband comes home severely intoxicated, sex becomes MUCH less attractive to the wife. At this point, my buddy recommends giving her a choice. He states that "A high level of intoxication can turn my wife off...A LOT. So, the other night when I came home three sheets to the wind and feeling randy, she said it's not going to happen. I then gave her a choice. I informed her that she had three holes and only two hands, and that she needed to make a choice."

Her choice, you ask? She chose option B - beat him with her two hands, and make him sleep on the couch. I can't believe he's still married.

Bliz
10-07-2003, 06:39 AM
If wives gave in to their husbands more in that arena, they would be more apt to get what they want!!!

Women usually take the opposite approach... :confused:

I can only wonder as to why...

RickBomba
10-08-2003, 11:41 AM
DC the wicked drunk approach only works with a very select group of women. Unfortunately, I WAS NOT married to one of these. Luckilly, she's gone now.:D
Surprisingly enough, there are girls out there who don't mind the "Hey the Sox are on and it's the Sixth Inning Now, So Let's Go Upstairs" approach. You just got to look hard to find them!:D
Also see "Hey It's Nice Outside so Why Don't We Go Fishing" approach.:D
Mikey's gonna get mad, but they're out there. Trust me I know.:D
Love,
Happy rick

Rappin Mikey
10-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Alright Ricky! I knew you would find the right guy some day.

RickBomba
10-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Actually, it's a girl, whom you've met...
Maybe you don't remember it though, it was pretty late on Saturday night...after you left I did find much Bud cans littered about my yard, like some kind of wineo easter egg hunt.
LOL
Later,
Rick

Jimbo
10-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Mikey take what your brother said above with a grain of salt. Last night I had a couple, a few, OK, I had multiple beers while anticipating and then watching the Red Sox. So technically, I was legally drunk (option #1). Come the sixth inning (as prescribed by brother Rick) I said, "Hey honey wanna go upstairs?" (option #2) From under her blanket on the couch I heard the reply, "I have a cold and am on medication, my friend's visiting and you've got me interested in this damn game now." I had combined two of his recommendations and still struk out. So being the accomodating guy I am I said, "Well, maybe you could just lie on the floor so you can still see the TV?" I believe the response I got started with a capital F and ended with OFF. Paging Dr. RIck, Paging Dr. Rick. Patient needs a new prescription!

RickBomba
10-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Try a big bottle of Sauza Anejo, it did the trick for me last night.
Didn't watch much of the game from the second inning to the seventh.
I was quite tired today as a result.
Later,
Rick:D :happy: :happy: :happy:

Jimbo
10-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Anejo, huh? I sure would have thought a virile Bomba would go for the Sauza "Hornitos".

chris L
10-10-2003, 01:44 PM
GET HER DRUNK ! works everytime . or good prescrition drugs work too all you will hear in the am is " honey what happened last night " . nuttin

NJTackle
10-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by chris L
" honey what happened last night " . nuttin

Now that is some funny stuff! :laughs:

But, wait a minute. I caught myself saying the exact same thing a few monrings??? :confused: :confused:

Dohhhhh!!!!!!!!! :D :D