View Full Version : Sea Pro boats

Uncle Matt
10-04-2003, 08:58 AM
I went to the show to see the 21 Parker and it wasn't there. Kind of pi$$ed me off because 3A Marine said they would have one there. And at the show the 3A salesman wasn't overly helpful. Whatever. So I saw a 22 foot Sea Pro CC and was impressed at the way it looked and it's price. This would be my first new boat so I want to do it right. Does anyone have any insight or experience in these boats? Yes, I will be going to all the boating sites next. But I wanted to ask my fellow, local fishing friends. Thanks for any help.

I fell in love with the new 21 foot Scout with the wide birth. But the $39K boat show price without a trailer is a little too steep for me.

Clammer
10-04-2003, 09:10 AM
I don,t know the price of the Sea Pro ==but I,d match my Sea Hunt againt it ////////////////////////////

missing link
10-04-2003, 09:20 AM
uncle matt how was the '' in water '' part of the show? i'm goin tommrow :)

Uncle Matt
10-04-2003, 10:44 AM
ML -

Lots of boats to check out and walk through. Scouts, Seacraft, Grady's, Maritime Skiff, Wellcraft, Pathfinder, Whalers, etc are all outside. Several hundred boats in the water including the large yatchs and sailing yatchs many of could never afford. They also had a small Whaler CC cut in half tooling around the water. The funny thing is I can't ever aford that half Whaler!

I went Friday afternoon and there were no crowds. It was sunny but windy. This weekend things look different. Parking was next to Anthony's pier 4 and was a respectable $7. I know the outside docks close earlier than the inside show so time your dock viewing accordingly. If you bring the kids watch them closely on the docks. I saw several of them wearing life vests. I believe you can borrow the life vests from show personnel. There were boxes of them on the ramps leading to the docks.

They also had all the financial lenders, magazines, Coast Guard, and many other booths there. Glad I went.

10-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Post this same question on the www.thehulltruth.com site, there are alot of Sea Pro owners on there. Mostly all the comments I read on them are positive and the pricing on the Sea Pro 220 is real tempting. I think it's a real good solid mid-tier boat, also take a peek at the Sea Hunts nice boats also.

Can you also post your overall impression of the new Scout 210? I really wanted to get up to the show to see this latest from Scout but just can't find the time...

Uncle Matt
10-04-2003, 07:23 PM
179 -

I believe someone just posted several pictures of the new Scout on THT. I responded but I'm involved in so many sites sometimes I get them confused. Old age I guess! The boat they had was top of the line with the best of everything. The boat belongs to Onset Marina. I think I overheard them say they have to have all the boats out on Monday. If you live by Onset you may want to stop by and take a look.

The boat was wide, with plenty of room all around the center console. The stern area of the boat was open with plenty of room for movement. The guages and buttons were all pleasantly arranged and within reach. The t-top had matching top which was huge. The fit and finish was spectacular. It was all the little things like the boats lines, freedom to flow around the boat, the hardware etc that made it what it was. It just appeared to be a larger, wider boat.

The boat listed with accessories was at $46K plus without a trailer. I was told the boat show special price was $39,999. Onset also said this was their first new 210 model they had in and they did not have any new literature on it yet.

UserRemoved1
10-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Sell you my boat all outfitted mucho cheaper and all the bugs been worked out now :)

gf2020
10-06-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm the guy that posted the Scout 210 pictures at THT.

The Sea Pro 220 is a really nice boat and one of my favorites. However, I think the new for 2004 Key West 225 and Sea Hunt 220 are better for the same money (low to mid $30s).

The new Key West and Sea Hunt are both a bit longer than the Sea Pro and they have a more useable "walk in" console. The console on the Sea Pro is a joke.

The new Key West will have a 21 degree transom deadrise versus 18 for the Sea Hunt and Sea Pro. The Key West is also a few hundred pounds heavier so I anticipate the ride will be a bit better.

All of that said, however, neither the Key West or the Sea Hunt are available yet at local dealers and this may be a good time to carve out a deal on a Sea Pro. Jay Irving at J & W Marine in Salem is a good guy and you can't go wrong buying a new boat from him.

Uncle Matt
10-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks gf2020. Your obviously on many boards like me. Hey did you get a look at that light blue Everglades CC inside at the show? It was around 28 feet and was near the Aquasports. What a boat!

Or how about the Hydra sport with triple 225 or 250's? Can you say GIDDYUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swede
10-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Uncle Matt, check your PM'S.

Clammer
10-06-2003, 11:01 PM
uncle Matt your welcome down & take a a run with my 21 sae hunt////////////////////////////:cool: :cool:

saltyric
10-08-2003, 12:36 PM
I have owned a 190CC SEAPRO for two years now. I have about 850 hours on the motor. I can't say enough about it. 'Takes a licking and keeps on ticking". I was actually thinking of upgrading. They are coming out with a 238CC this year. I saw some photos from a sales rep. meeting. Fantastic boat.

BigBo
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Saltyric, how do you put 850 hours on the boat in two years?:confused:

saltyric
10-09-2003, 05:42 AM
BigBo - Not sure, but it's a serious problem. It will actually have more like 900 by the end of this year. My wife definately is not impressed with my absence everyday. I pretty much fish every weekend morning and everyday after work from April until November. I have been taking a bunch of trips off-shore to Stellwagon looking for footballs (one trip paid off). Taking the afternoon off today in search of more..............................

10-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Wow and I thought I was bad at 200 hours per season....!, at 450 I'd be in divorce court, lol.

saltyric
10-09-2003, 07:10 AM
179 - Believe me, I have been put on notice more than once!

BigBo
10-09-2003, 07:17 AM
I don't know. One season, I put close to 300 hours on a boat and it felt like I was out there all the time.
I also can't believe there are that many days you can venture out to Stellwaggen in a 19 foot center console. Good luck to you brother. Be safe.

saltyric
10-09-2003, 07:21 AM
The proof!!

JohnR
10-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Like the name on your boat - welcome to S-B...

saltyric
10-09-2003, 08:14 AM
JohnR- Thanks for the welcome.
I am also first and foremost a "Surfcaster". There is nothing better than hitting the beach during a good storm!!

BigBo
10-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Saltyric, I wasn't doubting you. I'm just amazed. Nice football!

saltyric
10-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Big bo - I know you weren't doubting. I guess the fact that i don't have any kids yet, adds to my time on the water. Although that is going to change shortly. Tight lines.

nightfighter
10-21-2003, 11:17 AM
if ric were to add up his time on the beach, and in the kayak to the boat hours..... wow. I can usually find his truck most mornings as I'm scouting where to fish, sometimes tempted to wake him as he's already been out and taking a break. I learned a lot just watching for a few years as he fishes as hard as anyone I know up these parts. Glad to see you found the site Ric!

Ross

saltyric
10-21-2003, 11:22 AM
ahhhh, Ross. How's it going? Thanks for the kind words. Haven't seen you on the beach in a few (your not missing anything). Boat is coming out next week. See you in the surf!