View Full Version : Hey Bloo - I will eat this one

addict
10-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Been a while since you've ragged on me. :tooth: :tooth:

Late last night, under a bridge, 6" storm, soon to be lunch.

addict
10-04-2003, 12:23 PM
forgot the pic - duh

bloocrab
10-04-2003, 11:12 PM
:af: :af: That's an 18" cutting board!!!!...making that fish a mere 25" .... :eek: :af: :af:

...and the ragging begins...

fishweewee
10-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Never mind that, what would the wife/girlfriend/mother say when she sees that wet slimy fish on the living room table! :laughs:

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-05-2003, 07:58 AM
Addict,does that bridge begin with a P,?

fishweewee
10-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Uh, why wouldn't it start with an "R"?

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-05-2003, 08:11 AM
much easier to fish under a ''P''bridge than a R or S bridge than again it might be a ''t '' bridge

fishweewee
10-05-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm confused.... ;) :confused:

Mike P
10-05-2003, 09:15 AM
It was the "ab" bridge, for "already burned" And addict wasn't the arsonist ;)

addict
10-05-2003, 01:06 PM
lol - I have NO IDEA about the bridges you guys are talking about. It was caught near the FIre Island Inlet.

Bloo - I can't get anything past you. That cutting board is actually a "photoshopped" 12" board. :D

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Addict, just bored today, watched some snowflakes come down today. only a couple more fish trips left for me this year then on to skiing.will be down on the island for a few daysright after columbus day.probably be at shinecock or morichesinlets.

addict
10-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Snow? Geeez..........

Here, try this and maybe it'll warm you up a bit.

Grilled striped bass on grape tomatoe salsa with linguine. White wine is optional. Tried a new twist and it came out pretty good.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/208336/grilledstripersalsa-2.jpg

Notaro
10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Addict, check your PM.

addict
10-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Notaro - I did. Nothing there. :confused:

bloocrab
10-06-2003, 08:16 AM
That 6" storm is a dead give-away...you should have put a 3" sluggo in his mouth and said it was 6" .. . . NEVER place your fish next to something of "scale"...(meaning, something comparible in size)...

Thats why my fish are always HUGE...I place my fish next to "miniature" objects to make them appear ENORMOUS...:D It's an internet thing...everyone is doing it now-adays. :D:D

Carry a small fresh-water rod, blurr the reel a bit in photoshop, some of these guys can read those small words and they'll expose you...those are killer, really makes the fish look bigger...or using photoshop...remove your knees, making your legs appear shorter. If it's a close-up shot, have a child lip the fish. His small hands next to that big head will make all the "internet" heros turn their head....:happy:

Internet + Fishing = :bshake:

Notaro
10-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by addict
Notaro - I did. Nothing there. :confused:

lemme try it again.

Karl F
10-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bloocrab

Carry a small fresh-water rod, blurr the reel a bit in photoshop, some of these guys can read those small words and they'll expose you...those are killer, really makes the fish look bigger...or using photoshop...remove your knees, making your legs appear shorter. If it's a close-up shot, have a child lip the fish. His small hands next to that big head will make all the "internet" heros turn their head

Or you could wear really tight daisy duke style denim cut-offs, and then everyone will be looking at them and commenting on them instead of the fish!
Worked for Slip ;)
Helps that he caught a really big fish, too!

addict
10-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I got some PM's for the recipe, so rather than PM'ing everyone, I'll just post it here.

Feeds two:

Salsa - basic salsa recipe. Mix in a bowl chopped tomatos, avocado, mango, onions, garlic, bell pepper, tiny bit of hot pepper (any kind will do - jalopeno, etc), cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Add olive oil, vinegar, & juice from a lemon or lime. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge while you make the fish and pasta.

Make the pasta as per directions on box. I use 1/2 pound of linguine for two people. Important to start the pasta when you're completely done with the salsa.

Fish - 6 pieces - 3" long fillets. Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings that turn you on. Leave on the side. Heat up a large pan w/olive oil (big enough to toss the pasta in later) under medium heat and add: chopped garlic, onions and saute until soft. Place fish fillets on the pan for a few minutes until you see the juices starting to come out. Flip fish once and cook for another 30 secs. Take fish out and put into the broiler (use seperate broiling pan - I top off the fillets with a little butter for taste and juice protection) for a min or two or until you see the top of fish starting to brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK.

While waiting for the fish, finish the pasta by adding a little white wine and let it simmer while the alcohol evaporates. When it's done, toss in the pasta and just toss the whole thing under medium heat. (If you find you've made the pasta too early, then "shock" the pasta with running cold water until you're ready to toss it. The cold water will slow down/stop the cooking so you don't have linguine mush).

By now you should have the fish done, pasta tossed and salsa in the fridge.

Plating: A good portion of salsa (you can impress your wife/gf and get brownie points for the next fishing trip if you make the presentation with any kind of bowl filled with the salsa and turning it upside down on the plate. Take three fillets and place on top of salsa. Finish off with some garnish and some sauce if you want. (The green sauce is an arugula pesto of sorts I tried - only got a 4 out of 10 from the wife - lol). I paired it with a white wine that I used for cooking.

Good luck and bon appetite!

Slipknot
10-06-2003, 03:41 PM
I got your daisy dukes right here pal :smash:

I love you Karl, can you be my sherpa and keep the googs away from me and reel in my fish? :)

Karl F
10-06-2003, 07:21 PM
It would be my honor to sherpa for you, Slip.. Don't know how good I'd be at keepin' googs away though :rolleyes:

We should get Tahoe Tone to take us out in his new beach limo :cool: