View Full Version : Color??

macojoe
10-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Ok I am sure that this has been talked about more times then not. But since I am not have not got crap off the beach this year using bait, and you are all catching with plugs what should I get as a beginner get for plugs and what colors??
My nephew gave me some Narrow River Fishing stuff from Ocean state Job Lot, which I no must be junk :yak6: made of plastic 2 are yellow and one green. The green is a needle and I don't no what the yellow are , they are thin at the front and have a wide a$$ with 1 hook.
I no I have not put years in yet and it takes time but I need a Jump Start before I go nuts :smash:
Thanks

missing link
10-04-2003, 04:44 PM
I here they like white bellys kinda like girls that wear bikinis and lay on their tummys all day at the beach , but I to have no major time throwing plugs later LINK

Karl F
10-04-2003, 06:09 PM
nothing wrong with a green needle, floater, slo-sinker or sinker, whatever, green needle is good.
Next time your near Walmart, or Kfart check for bombers, ya can buy a few and not break the bank. blk/purple, blk/gold/chrm, blk/silver, long A's, or A salts.
If yer fishing evenings, try slingin some eels meybe, instead.
If I remember right, I think you mentioned it's a short walk from yer house to a certain fella's house who spins some real nice wood, carefully knock on the door to the cave, he could give you some real good plug and color advise, and tell you in detail how to fish them.

missing link
10-04-2003, 06:14 PM
WHITE BELLY'S( what color are fishes belly's) don't most fish approach their kill from under ? later LINK

bud8fan
10-04-2003, 06:17 PM
YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLUE WHITE BELLY
WHITE
BLACK AND BLACK AND PURPLE

I also like wonderbread if you can find someone who paints them that way

Give it a shot and if your fishing a swimmer and think your reeling slow!! REEL SLOWER!!!!!!!!!

Russ

Clammer
10-04-2003, 06:45 PM
ANY COLOR AS LONG AS ITS YELLOW

Christian
10-04-2003, 07:25 PM
mambos and a-slats would be a good place to start any color. wonderbread good.

JHABS
10-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Get yourself a WHITE NEEDLEFISH.........To start and HANG on...........

macojoe
10-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks All!!
I am going to get some of these mention things.
Karl before I go and disturb the bear in the cave I want to play with some cheap junk! I need to figure out what I am doing before I can start dumping cash in yet another fish venture!! This way when I lose the cheap stuff it won't hurt so much!!

But I know you get what you pay for!! :D

Clammer
10-04-2003, 09:02 PM
[ I want a job fishing | ==no you don,t unless you already made your money doing something else:(

macojoe
10-04-2003, 09:06 PM
I made my cash all summer from fishing!! It was a great Fluke and Bass season!
But that is all boat fishing and I suck big time trying to get this Shore thing down :smash:
But now it is time to get a real job for the winter! The summer play is finished :(
But there is always next summer!

bassmaster
10-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by clamdigger
ANY COLOR AS LONG AS ITS YELLOW
Clam I got a plug Here that would make You come out of Your shell:D
so,,,,,, hows the blue fishin:D

macojoe
10-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey Dave I was checking out your pic's on your web site, Those are some nice pants you got there in pic # 23!!
Can you make a plug that color??
If I get pants likethat will i catch fish?? :laughs:
Nice site!

shore manic
10-05-2003, 04:33 AM
B.M. a while back did you say gold and black before first light or after sunrise? (Bombers)

bassmaster
10-05-2003, 08:26 AM
goldnblack night
pants man:D

Clammer
10-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Dave send me the plug & I,ll sent you the BLues or littlenecks.,or unsize bass, or tooooooooooooooooooooo many scup///or left over Hooters, or M/M secret spot,or JohnR half done something, or the wheels for Slips tackel bag,or FWW cheap gear, G/B house on Cutty, G/S plastic mold, Redcrabber<S chink bait ., Toonic,s apple Pie, C/S atoms, Smokey,s Duck,, etc

fishweewee
10-05-2003, 08:50 AM
:crying:

macojoe
10-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Well I got a couple of bombers today and a black needle, They did not have any white when I was at wally world. But wit the 2 bombers, 2 needles, and the t yellow things I have I have anough to start!!
Now I am hoping for a fish!!

chris L
10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
yellow

macojoe
10-05-2003, 04:40 PM
I have two yellow things ?? But they did not have any yellow anything there today, I tryed

rwilhelm
10-06-2003, 08:36 AM
I use the theory dark plugs at night and if fishing at sunrise lighter plugs like yellow or white. I also like yellow, why is it that yellow seems to work so well?

chris L
10-06-2003, 09:40 AM
cause its yellow !!!!!

Joe
10-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Why do you think Taxi Cabs are yellow?

Mike P
10-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rwilhelm
I use the theory dark plugs at night and if fishing at sunrise lighter plugs like yellow or white. I also like yellow, why is it that yellow seems to work so well?

What color do you 'spose baitfish appear as when the first rays of the sun peeking over the horizon reflects off their scales? ;)

One of the best producing Hawg Hunter pencil poppers ever was Brad's "pogie" color. Dark green on top, silver on the bottom with just a thin flash of yellow down the flank.

Joe
10-06-2003, 03:30 PM
I just sold my last 2 yellow Tattoo swimmers....
And my last 2 pogie Spooks...
Joe
http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/

Jonny Bolt
10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Here's a few things I used this summer for shore/jetty fishing, and fishing in the estuary (marsh)....

6" Storm Bunker shads (great for heavy surf)
4" Storm shads for the marsh
7" Boone needlefish (black, purple, with white belly)
9" Slug-Go's
10" (they dont really come out to 10", more like 8 or 9) PowerBait Power Eels. These things RULE.

and I use various plugs, but one good one is a Bomber Long A, it is almost clear, and has a yellow stripe going down the top and bottom. Other minnow plugs, like Yo-Zuri's (with rattle) are real good too. I remember I threw a blue/silver Yo-Zuri rattler off the trestle in the marsh, and I didnt even finish my sentence, and I had a 25" Stripy hangin' off it :)

Throw in a few Bucktails and maybe a spinner, and you'll have a pretty well rounded set-up. All of these things acan be found at wal-nuts, and all are fairly cheap.

If your nut having much luck with the chunk Herring, try spraying your chunks with wd-40, and switching to red Eagle Claw circle hooks.

I was catching fish up until last weekend (tail end of September). Now I cant find the fish. Hopefully I'll run across some, I'd like one more Striper before I retire for the winter.

Fish_Eye
10-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Yellow with a red head...dusk and dawn or overcast days.

Pearl white anytime of day or night...especially when the water is clear.

Black when either yellow or white don't produce.

Chrome under a full moon works too.

blackeye
10-06-2003, 06:24 PM
I like yellow and red for south county and the cape, but the fish in nooport like blue and white better IMHO

macojoe
10-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks all I am printing this therad and will pick up stuff over the winter.
I have some for now, so I should be all set for now. Ihope.