View Full Version : Canal lined with morons

Saltheart
10-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Well the fish are in and the shore is lined with morons. Its just incredible that all these inept people can swoop down on the place. Smokey and I tried to be patient but eventually we just left even though the fishing was good. We tried two spots. Both places we were the only people there at first. as soon as the morons see someone fishing a spot , they all swarm in on top of you. Thing that kills me is they can't catch a fish between the ten of them yet they wreck it for the only two guys there who can.

So to all the morons out there I say "God Bless You , You need it"!

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-05-2003, 09:16 PM
don't worry in a month or two they will all be up here in VT to ski.

likwid
10-05-2003, 09:21 PM
And I'll have to deal with them falling down....
:rolleyes:

Jonny Bolt
10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
I hear ya man. Sometimes I'd be at a place, even by myself, and next thing I know the Goof Troop comes along and spooks all the fish away. I've even had people show up with thier kids and friends, and snorkle while I am fishing a RR trestle in an estuary. GODDAMN PEOPLE. lol.

killerlexus
10-05-2003, 11:13 PM
did you ask them if they see any fish?:p

JPowers
10-06-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm getting a pet skunk - tying her to my leg on a 20yard leash.

I figure I can stand the smell if it keeps the googs off me.;)

FishermanTim
10-06-2003, 12:28 PM
It's just incredible!
They think that just being in your presence will actually make them better fishermen /fisherwomen. It never ceases to amaze me that you could have an entire beach, pier, bay, jetty or river to yourself, and they feel "compelled" to be your shadow.
In the rare occaisions where I may have "stepped" on someone elses toes, I have ALWAYS bowed out gracefully, because I respect other fisherman/woman's space.

These are the same idiots that will "attack" the ski areas and act as if they own the mountains as they fall on, run into or just cut you off.
Hopefully the cooler weather will drive these parasites away and leave the fishing to those that know what they're doing.

Good luck all !

10-06-2003, 12:36 PM
This seems to be the case all over. Yesterday while trying to fish my favorite shore spot for throwing plugs or eels. I find 1/2 of the area from which you can fish filled with bottom fishers, who are there for Scup...there was 1 there Sat, and yesterday 5, tomorrow what 10, so much for trying to plug....

RIJIMMY
10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Fish at night and you'll hardly see anyone. There were 3 people at my favorite spot lat Sat. night and I thought that was "crowded"

JohnR
10-06-2003, 02:00 PM
As long as people are hoing to the ditch :D ....

Saltheart
10-06-2003, 02:30 PM
This was at night RIJimmy!

I think I'll start posting great reports about Southern RI. Maybe that will take some pressure off the Ditch! :)

These guys are just cruising along until they see someone at a spot. Any spot , it doesn't matter. They can't find their own fish so their strategy is to look for someone else fishing . I guess they figure every spot is good if someone else is there already.

If they had any clue and watch what was happening , everyone could get in rythm and there would be no problem.

We set up all alone. then two guys move in on us and they set up too close. Next thing you know , people start filling in the gaps between us and these guys who are too close already!! Unbelieveable!!

one of these days I'm gonna just wait and cast my 50 lb spectron right across about ten of them at once and just rip through their line and harvest all their jigs and plugs! :)

chris L
10-06-2003, 02:43 PM
mike was this at your usual spot ?

I stopped fishing there , too many people that know what they are doing there and making me look worse than I do already .

Saltheart
10-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Happened at two spots Chris. one was the usual other was west of there.

In the crowd that was there last night , you'd have looked like a star! :)

chris L
10-06-2003, 02:51 PM
wow they must be golfers then .

Mike P
10-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Your usual spot is too accessible--one of it's few shortcomings.

Might be time to invest in a bike.

Van
10-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Same thing hapens in the boat.
As soon as someone sees you have a fish on, they are 20 feet away.:af: :af:

Now there are two boats in that spot and that brings 4 more !!!:af: :af:

Of course I get pessed off and yell to them """ you have the whole frickin ocean""" !!! and you have to fish right here !!

:af: :af: :af:

Tagger
10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey!!! I fish in Vermont ....and Likwid ...What makes my Big Toe nails turn black...I keep em all short...boots feel pretty good as ski boots go ..This spring ripped my Toe nail off with fishing plyers..Almost back to normal but almost time to hit the slopes again... Is this a gooogan ski question ??

Van
10-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by l.i.fish.in.vt
don't worry in a month or two they will all be up here in VT to ski.

Couple of runs are already open !!!!!

Me and tagger will be there soon enough !!!!:smash:

Sorry.....:topic: :topic: :topic:

Saltheart
10-06-2003, 05:03 PM
It hasn't been bad all season Mike. Just this week it started going nuts. We've been fishing somewhere else every other week too and that's been empty. last night though we had a bait guy set up just 20 yards down from where we were jigging. He didn't even climb down. he set up two bait rods in rod spikes up on the bike path. He was cruising right by til he saw us there. His head snapped around so fast when he saw us I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash. he slammed on the brakes of his bike and chucked out the bait almost right on top of us.

Mike P
10-06-2003, 06:59 PM
I know Mike. Christine and I were there the last week of August and had the place all to ourselves, until slip paid us a visit.

Christine broke in her new Stradic 8000 on a bass there, too :D 6" Storm in sardine color.

Sucks that they cut the bushes down, doesn't it---no more catching a jig on the cast, but now you're wide open for the whole world to see.

macojoe
10-06-2003, 09:52 PM
That is the reason I hate the canal!! I have a friend that like to go there from time to time and he always ask if I want to go! I say hell no I won't go there.
And it happens in the boat all the time to!! I hate the A$$ that always finds me, he finish his drift and then has to move back up. He then goes right by me staring innthe boat to see what is going on all the time going at full throttle. Then I have to sit there bouncing all over the place because of his wake!! :af: :af:
One day this happened and I was pi$$ed and I went over to the guy did about 5 circles around him and then said you come near me again and i am going to sink the both of us when I ram your A$$. He stayed away!! I don't even have a name on my boat. I rember my budy did and the people would see you there day after day and start to follow you all over the place, So I left mine blank to make it harder to see me. But now with the gill bracket and Yamaha there is no hidding.