View Full Version : Fisherwoman/Question ?

Clammer
04-15-2001, 11:14 AM
F/W and/or anyone else, First Happy Easter to those that celebrate it// The question is why can't you put snap swivels on both end of the teaser setup . That way you could change or remove much more quickly.Ill finally got around to the gear I bought, ftgured I better seeing the bills came in. I think I'm all set except for some snaps, swivels, eel hooks,still havn;t tried to cast with it// maybe thats why John recommend I buy a pound of line. Anyway any help with this question would be appreciated. Thanks

JohnR
04-15-2001, 11:41 AM
Clammer, anytime you want to hook up and practice tossing with the conventional - give me a holler and we can go down to the end of the street - I'll be more than happy too ;D

As for multiple snaps, personally, I like to minimize potential points of failure and would only use the one snap. There is a small chance something could fail on a bigger fish but when multiple instances of "small chances" are added, those small chances will begin to cause troubles... FW & BC don't lose many fish to terminal tackle failure but it can happen...

Happy Easter to you and the family...

Clammer
04-15-2001, 12:21 PM
Thanks John, just came back from the end of my street// I did better than the guy next to me[ no one there] Thanks for the offer we have to get together and let me practice. I felt ok with the set up and it seemed like I was getting ok distance / but nothing to compare it too/ tried varies plugs only one snarl and it wasn't much/ the whole deal with the larger plugs rod, reel feels odd/ had trouble getting the plugs to react the way I wanted them to / the long butt is a problem for me / its not way I'm use to fishing / got to get better // PS , any news on my other rods/ Thanks

Fisherwoman
04-15-2001, 07:51 PM
Hi Clamdigger, just wondering if what you are asking me is. Can you put a small snap swivel at the end of your main line from the rod and then attach to the teaser rig. The answer would be yes. But I wouldn't go very big there, or you can direct tie to the teaser rig from your main line. I myself us a small snap swivel. Just keep in mind that you won't need to keep changin teaser rigs all thru the day, just may want to change the lure. Usually if I put one on when I first go out fishing for the day, that same rig will stay on all day, unless I get bit off by a bluefish or get snagged. Hope this helps, Have a Happy Easter!!! Hope all is well.

JohnR
04-16-2001, 09:29 PM
Clammer,

Just waiting to swing by Mike's and pick up the guides. Going to take a day off this week and run over...