View Full Version : beginners help

fishingchic101
10-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi. I love fishing but i never really go striper fishing. I have one wire line jugging with my father but I didnt like it. I might go with him next weekend. We will being off the shore. does anyone have any helpful tips that I should be aware of. I would really apprciate your help.
Thank You
Fishingchic101

fishweewee
10-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Well, there is certainly more to striper fishing than dragging wire behind a boat!

Have you tried throwing lures or bait from a stationary position?

JohnR
10-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Being well ofshore its actually illegal to be boating / possesing stripers 99% of the time beyond 3 miles from shore (exception being between Block & Pt Jude).

Right now, throwing plugs or bait closer to sure can do wonders too. Consider that all these people are geting fish from the beach :D ...

Big Vern
10-08-2003, 07:58 AM
I do a lot of fishing from a boat, and there's one thing that's not permitted when I'm the captain, and that's trolling.

Rappin Mikey
10-08-2003, 11:14 AM
A lot depends on where you are fishing. In some places creating a chum slick and floating a herring chunk in the current is very effective. Strictly poppers and swimmers at other places. Snapping wire seems to be the preferred method off the shore of the outer Cape. Even though it might take the sport out of it a bit, nobody complains when they have a 40# bass on. Good luck fishchick, and it is nice to see some more fisherwomen joining the forum.