View Full Version : Can I Vent?

Jimbo
10-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Is anyone else out there inundated with kids' fund raisers? It's becoming a sickness here. There's a school fund raiser, then Girl Scout Cookies, then sports team fund raisers. And it's not just selling, if you buy from a family with a kid they expect you to buy from their fund raiser(s). Try to help them out by bringing it into work and it's not better ("OK, I'll buy from you if you buy from me."). Last night my 8th grader showed me hers. Why 8th grade has a graduation I'll never know, but she already needed a check $50.00 for cap and gown for commencement, then has to sell $150.00 worth of $25.00 coupon books for a class trip, which I looked thru and half the stores aren't even within 50 miles of us. It's absolute madness! And on top of that the hags in the neighborhood aren't much better with their, "I came to your Mary Kay party so you have to come to my Pampered Chef party, and hey, are you going to so-and-so's Southern Living Party and the candle party?" I can't take it anymore! Someone drop me off on a rock far out in the water.

HighTide
10-08-2003, 09:11 AM
It's like that here too. We've been hit with four school fundraisers and it's not even Halloween yet. The towns lost alot of state aid and the first to get hit are the schools, what are you gonna do??

Thanks alot, Mitt:af:

striperswiper
10-08-2003, 10:42 AM
I have hit up my co-workers and family too much with these stupid fund-raisers....it is all junk! Why don't these schools just cut out the middle man and just send us home a bill. I just send in a check now anyway...it is much easier than selling this crap to friends and family.

Rappin Mikey
10-08-2003, 11:21 AM
All the kids sell in my school are guns and drugs. Oh yeah, I might be getting shot after school today. I had to call a kids p.o. officer because he almost got in a fight. He didn't like the idea of that, so he stormed out of the building stating he was "going to get me." Another day in the life of the Mike man. I just checked my car and my tires are all still ok. Thank God, I would of got him if he messed up my sled.

RickBomba
10-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Yup, them meddling kids in my neighborhood knock on my door every day.
I tell them I'm moving in thre weeks and they still don't get the picture.
Oh well.
Rick
PS- I just talked to Mikey and he's still alive in case anybody cares.
I'm starting not to, he harasses me so much.
Sally

Jenn
10-08-2003, 11:32 AM
And on top of that the hags in the neighborhood aren't much better with their, "I came to your Mary Kay party so you have to come to my Pampered Chef party, and hey, are you going to so-and-so's Southern Living Party and the candle party?" I can't take it anymore! Someone drop me off on a rock far out in the water.

I used to feel obligated to go to these things until I realized I didnt HAVE to...(of course now they think I am anti-social) but thats THEIR problem not mine!

RM.....yes it is sad that you could only WISH for what others cant stand.....:( I myself avoid springfield like the plague.....I tell you what I am sick of......turning on the news and seeing shooting after shooting ......:( and cops with no jobs....Thanks MITT!

RickBomba
10-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Jimbo,
You might want to think about moving up here to Mass.
You me and Mikey can get all hooched up, raid the Pampered Chef, steall all the Southern Living's moonshine, then go and light the candle people on fire with it.
Later, we can chase the girl scouts around the neighborhood...actually, that part doesn't sound half-bad, then we can go after the cheerleaders.
I'll call mikey and we'll set up a date.
Later,
Rick

Jimbo
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Striperswiper, you hit the nail on the head. I called the school and asked what the per student fee was, that I'd rather 100% of my check go to the cause than 50% of a fund raiser and I was also tapped out as far as who I could ask. No Problem, they're going to send me a bill. This is good to know since they have two others planned before the end of the school year. Now I gotta see if it will work with Girl Scouts, too.
Rick, I guess your brother indicated you prefer Sally now (was that for my benefit??) welcome back. I could easily move to Mass, but to give up those Pampered Chef and Southern Living parties my wife has would be almost sacriligious...me and 20-30 "mature" women in my house getting a little toasted and throwing cash around. For a 45 year old horndog this is almost like a fantasy....actually, it is one. And when she told me she was considering having a lingerie party I went weak kneed and almost lost consciousness.

Rappin Mikey
10-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Jimbo, how do you look in lingerie anyway?

fishweewee
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, every year I'm good for a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies and that's it.

Jimbo
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Interesting question. Well Mikey, it depends entirely on how much you've had to drink. After no beers, I would probably look like a prize pig all ready to be judged in a 4H competition. After a six pack I'd look like a cross between Roseanne Barr and Hilary Clinton. After a 12 pack well on my way to resembling Marge Simpson, and after a 36 pack a dead ringer for a six-foot three-inch Heidi Klum with a crew cut. And if Notaro doesn't get that I'm joking I'm gonna have a lotta splainin' to do!

chris L
10-08-2003, 01:56 PM
girl scout cookies X2
school fundraisers X2 X every time they need money for a project , guess they use my tax money for other purposes .

chris L
10-08-2003, 02:00 PM
dressed in womans lingerie ? not that there is anything wrong with that ( behind closed doors ) ! surely doesnt make ya a bad guy ( behind closed doors ) ! but please stay behind closed doors .
thank you very much !

weewee is back on SOL ! how many plugs did that cost ya or is it your first born ?