View Full Version : Fish Talk...Who Is Fishin' & Who Is Wishin'

BigFish
10-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Alright, lets hear some fish talk out there....who is catching fish? I am headed to the Backside tomorrow morning for a few days hoping to hang my big fish. Came home from the Cape a day early last Friday because the fishing has been August slow, headed to one of my favorite local spots Saturday morn before the sun came up and hammered fish for about an hour until the sun hit. 12 fish, all over 15 pounds, biggest was 20 pounds, guy with me hung a 35 pounder. A couple other guys were slammin them also, right Slingah? Lets hear some fish stories guys. Everybody should be hammering fish right now. Does anyone agree that the fishing has not quite fired up like it should yet? I don't think the fish are in feeding for migration mode yet. The fishing on the Vineyard and down the Cape is dead slow. Any thoughts?:confused: Happy fishing all.:happy: :happy: :happy:

Van
10-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Tom is gonna bring a pic to the next meeting for your braggin board !!

Yes,, he got it on my boat ...:smash:
All I got was twinkies and blues...

pops02
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
i was fishing this afternoon, and a big school of bass had peanut bunker pinned against rocks, about 5 feet from shore, in about 4 feet of water, it was mahem for about 10 minutes, before the bunker moved out into deeper water. :happy: :happy:

Jonny Bolt
10-08-2003, 11:16 PM
I fished at several locations today. Ended the day off the jetty in Hampton NH. Saw lots of fish action today. Caught a flounder on clam, and I finished off some herring I had and got in a fight with a blue. I then switched to Storm bunker's, plugs, and a needlefish, and couldnt get a Striper. I punched myself in the nuts. Maybe I'll pick up a spook tomorrow. I want a Striper dammit
:smash:

I will hopefully be fishing the North Shore, Beverly/Gloucester area, this weekend. I am visiting a friend in Beverly Hills, and his buddy lives in Gloucester, so I'll probably be fishing off his cliff out back :)

70 degrees out again tomorrow, I'll be out again. Most likely fishing off the rocks at wallis sands beach in Rye NH.

RIROCKHOUND
10-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Fishin' all over RI...Catching too....
Wishin comes in February....
'hound

Big Vern
10-09-2003, 08:58 AM
I took tomorrow off to fish real hard from after the Sox game tonight until a little something I like to call Openhouseapalooza with my wife on Sunday. I'm so excited that I can't sit still at my desk today.

:happy: :happy:

Probably bouce/lose some jigs in the canal tonight. Boat tomorrow. And then the backside beaches for Fri/Sat nights. Maybe a final boat trip of the year on Saturday. However, if anybody wants some company on the sand this weekend...PM me.

Notaro
10-09-2003, 09:46 AM
I have been fishing. For the first time in my life, I am learning more about fishing every time I get skunked. I only wish a keeper on my lures (or baits if I am desperate). I was hoping to catch a 20 lber or more on my plugs and eels.

This weekend I hope that Flyrod and I can fish in the morning or I get to fish at Quincy. And try my luck there.

lennyr
10-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Fishin every day. still catchen blues, some bass. Seems like the bass are late this year. Got a nice bass Monday on yellow polaris popper, then the blues ate it.

Notaro
10-09-2003, 10:10 AM
I am sick of blues, skates, junk fish, and scups. WHERE ARE BASSES!!!:bc: :bc:

BigFish
10-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Back from the Backside. Fishing was good. I caught a 24# bass on Thursday night at a favorite spot and my buddy got one just over 31#. Got some other nice fish too. Many others doing well also. Saw a guy drag a 40# plus off the beach. Friday night nobody was catching anything. I think the moon was a little too much, Thursday it was foggy so that was a plus. Good time though, nice to get out going local this weekend then back down to the Cape on Thursday to hit the Race.:bounce: :claps: :happy:

Jonny Bolt
10-11-2003, 06:24 PM
OK, I hammered Stripers today. Caught 18 of 'em between 2:30pm and 6:00pm in North Hampton NH. The first one was caught with a 4" pearl wildeye, and after I didnt get any hits for a bit, I switched to my Rapala Skitter Pop, and the fish bounced of this thing. Caught Bass between 15" and 26". No keeper, but it was a blast anyhow. I'll be right back out there tomorrow working that Skitter Pop. If you dont have one, I suggest you pick one up :)