View Full Version : Was There Any Doubt?

Jimbo
10-09-2003, 08:47 AM
I thought there'd be more discussion on this today. It's water over the dam, now, but was there any doubt Walker's HR was legit? I think it looked like the ball did hit the kid's arm, but itwas definitely in front of the foul pole. It slayed me the guy they interviewed sitting behind the pole swearing it was a foul. From his perspective I'm sure he had a better viewing angle than the home plate ump.

FishermanTim
10-09-2003, 09:43 AM
What really irritated me was having the sportscasters CONSTANTLY go back and rehash that HOMERUN over and over and over again. I had to fight the urge to hit the mute button on the remote. Could they find a pair of announcers that are anymore annoying? Maybe Pauley Shore and Gilbert Godfried were busy last night?
Anyway, Game 1 is history, and it's on to game 2.

jugstah
10-09-2003, 09:58 AM
As long as the calls end favorably for the Sox, I'm all for it.

:laughs: :laughs: :D :laughs: :laughs:

Newboater
10-09-2003, 10:22 AM
After the game and before I passed out they were showing two guys near the pole. One was actually getting pieces of the covering as 'keep sakes' where the ball hit.

Repeated reruns showed it high GOOD and deserved to be called a Home Run.

Ole' Sarge

likwid
10-09-2003, 10:24 AM
If that ball had hit the fan's hand against the post, it'd be a broken hand.

Bill L
10-09-2003, 11:01 AM
That fan they interviewed was a piece of work! :laughs:

Looked to me it would have hit the pole whether or not the fan hit it. If the fan hit it and it was that close, shouldn't it be ruled interference anyways?

JohnR
10-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by toonoc
That fan they interviewed was a piece of work! :laughs:

A future Woody Allen character ?

jugstah
10-09-2003, 01:31 PM
The Yankees suck. Their fans, oh boy, I've been bombarded all morning by Yankees fans quickly getting on the defensive, all without me saying a word. Why, this morning, as soon as I signed on to AIM, I got pestered by a friend who said "You drew first blood, you are down 4-1 end of series" and then another friend messages me promptly after and says "The Red Sox got lucky again and WTF is Cowboy Up?" and etc.

All I had to say to them is, "whassamatta? the fact I didn't say anything and you all got on my case means you all are nervous and are dreading the end of your dynasty... "

:-D

END OF THE ROAD FOR YOU YANKEES SUCKAZ!

:laughs: :D :laughs: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Mike P
10-09-2003, 03:21 PM
The way Mussina looked last night, I'd say it's this year or never for the Yankees. Definitely their last hurrah until they rebuild their staff, with Clemens retiring, Wells getting deep-sixed, and Pettite in his option year and pining for the swamps of cajun country :D

Wonder if they regret shipping that young pitching prospect to the Reds for that waste of space Aaron Boone :laughs: