View Full Version : Scouting report!!!

Fisherwoman
04-15-2001, 08:04 PM
Just to let you all know. We have been scouting for about 1 1/2 weeks so far and things aren't happening yet. Went to the cape yesterday with squidmama. Hit all of the usuall spring haunts and went all the way down to the south side of the cape. Nada!!!! Didn't see any bait either, we are not that far off for the season yet, last year I caught my first 4 fish on April 14, they were hold over's. On April 23 I caught 160 fish, they were fresh. So hopefully thing will be picking up soon. We also hit the power plant early yesterday morning. Didn't get anything, but the tide was almost low so that could have been part of it. Usually you want to fish that spot from High tide, thru outgoing.

As for the Mystery trip, we are still on. April 29th is the date. We will be meeting at the Dunkin Donuts at the Sagamore Bridge at 5:00 am sharp. More details will be posted soon. Hang in there guys, they will be coming soon. We will be doing more scouting this week. Will let ya know how it goes.

Jenn could you email me your phone number to julbil@mediaone.net so we can chat about our trip. Thanks

Jenn
04-15-2001, 10:13 PM
Fisherwoman......check your mail!!!! :)

JohnR
04-16-2001, 10:23 AM
Same thing here FW... I haven't been getting out too much, once or twice per week but even the holdover spots have cooled down right now. And the weather isn't looking that pretty for the rest of this week...

Got Stripers
04-16-2001, 07:49 PM
Weather? Seems like the same record we played last spring, but maybe the longer version. I can't believe how far behind my freshwater haunts are, yet the herring are running so life goes on. I worked a nice 6-7 lb largemouth for 30 minutes that keep harassing the herring as they entered the top of the ladder, but no luck. It was a cold raw day, in spite of the sun and the fishing was tough.

Still it was better than the yard work I've been doing for weeks, or poking yourself in the eye with a sharp pointy stick...lol. I hate to wish the season along too fast, but I'm ready for the striped version of the basses.

Maybe soon, because May isn't too far away, tight lines.

Dad of Squid Kid
04-17-2001, 05:21 PM
Hey FW....Myself and Frank were down in the same area Sunday morning..Your right NADA!!!