View Full Version : Weekend Plans??

JohnR
10-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Well this is it - the final weekend of our S-B 4 Leg Catch & Release Tourney at Weekapaug B&T in Westerly. This is your last chance (and mine) to knock off that guy Saltheart from the top spot for the grand prize - a 9' Custom Graphite Rod :) .

Seeing that Saltheart has chosen to go to Mexico for Senoritas and Cuervo and has forsaken us (just kidding, he's on a "business trip :hihi: " ) we must accept the challenge and knocck him out of first...

Fishing is good in South County and its up to us to knock him out of 1st place :D ..

Hope to see a lot of you all down in Rhody for some BIG FISH!

What's up for the weekend?

CSK
10-10-2003, 07:30 AM
I'm heading to Nantucket, a little fishing, a little wife time.

John, good luck on the leg, maybe you'll catch a little better without me.:D Where's that natural Pikie?

RIJIMMY
10-10-2003, 07:36 AM
Well its the usual weekend routine for me. I be heading to So. County tomorrow @ 2am. Narragansett to Matunuck and all points in between. I am feel pretty confident although I have not checked to wind yet.
I have afternoon plans or else I would be heading to Weekapaug to meet y'all. Hopefully I can attend the next outing.

Good luck finshing...winter is approaching quickly and soon the fish will be gone:(

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Well if fishing the next Island down counts i am in. will heading to Long Island so i will miss the last leg.good luck. it was great meeting those that were at the last 2 mass legs.

jugstah
10-10-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure what my weekend plans are, but they definitely are including doing some fishing. My GF is going to be busy working all weekend, so I'm planning on being busy while she's working but planning on giving her some quality time when she's not working.

Anyway, probably hit the Falmouth beaches with my crew, maybe put the boat out in the water for a few hours of fishing in the west end of the canal, depending on the swells.

If that doesnt pan out, maybe I'll drive to Rhody and see what all the hoopla is about. I've never met anyone from the S-B forums.

rwilhelm
10-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Fishing early tomorrow morning and then daughters birthday. I was hoping to make the leg, maybe next year. Good Luck to all those fishing. Go RED SOX and PATS!!!!!

KLMulder
10-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Some fishing Sat night off the rocks after I watch the Yankees beat the Red Sucks. Take the ol mans boat out on Sunday and then fish from the rocks Monday nightGO YANKEES!!!!

beachwalker
10-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Um, well I guess I will drive down the street and see if there are any fish here :rollem: .

CSK. Nantucket. Awesome ! Enjoy your stay and knock em' dead. There are plenty of fish around and there is a local tourney going on. PM me if you want some details.
Wind's are East but there are still fish. Avoid GP unless you have to see it. You probably know all this already.

I will be out EVERY NIGHT.

:)

Notaro
10-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Taiwan Independence Day performance tomorrow.

Sunday-fishing? Marina Bay or Cape Cod.

JohnR
10-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by CSK
I'm heading to Nantucket, a little fishing, a little wife time.

John, good luck on the leg, maybe you'll catch a little better without me.:D Where's that natural Pikie?

Thru reverse bribery it's been in my plug bag since the weekend after :laughs:

fishsmith
10-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Sox--> Fish--> Pats -->Sox

Go Sox/Go Pats/Go Sox

likwid
10-10-2003, 11:11 AM
surf surf surf

COWBOY UP!

Stroth
10-10-2003, 11:16 AM
I'll be down in Rhody.

What are the particulars for this tourney?

Do i need an official striped-bass.com slip or something?

I spent some time last night rigging up some specials. Whoah they better produce, cuz they certainly smell bad!!!

STEVE IN MASS
10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Stroth - ya got enough posts, so you're in....:).....other than that, the winning fish has to be C&R, and as such needs to be witnessed by "another member in good standing" from this site for measurement and confirmation.....

After that, ya can get a slip or something from John on-line......most important part is the witness and acurate measurement....

chris L
10-10-2003, 11:53 AM
daughters Bday party tomorrow and working .

JohnR
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Chris - give the girls a Happy Birthday from all of us. It will no doubt please her that the "bride" behind S-B will also be celebrating a BirthDay tomorrow too.

When I had to change the plans from Oct 4th for having the leg (I had a wedding to go to) my wife told me to schedule it on the 11th - her B-Day. So either she is fooling around with someone she'd rather celebrate with :eek5: or our mutual love has no bounds and she can get rid of me for a day & relax ....

Stroth - just bring something, from cookies to condiments to paper plates to roast duck (we had Duck @ the Mass Leg :D ). PLugs can be substituted for food too!

Rappin Mikey
10-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Chris who has longer hair? You or both your daughters put together? Tell um happy day for me. I'll be fishing Coat Guard to Hatches all weekend. Yankees wear ladies underwear!

Washrat
10-10-2003, 12:42 PM
csk- I was down on the island this week and we had them from top to bottom at the se corner tight to the beach

good luck

chris L
10-10-2003, 12:46 PM
only one has hair longer but the younger is catching up . I should be up there and RI some time between the 17th and 27 th .

Ill tell um but they will ask Chris who is dat ?

fishsmith
10-10-2003, 12:46 PM
John sounds like she's cheating, so do the right thing and get a gift for her boyfriend too. :D

beachwalker
10-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Easy washrat, easy....... :(

chris L
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
john it isnt with me !!! maybe she just loves you sooooooo much or like my wife you annoy her . LOL

Ill tell her . 9/28 was her actual bday but I got real sick and we could celebrate othe than dinner ( bad ) and mini golf . Saturday Im taking her and some friends to the local go cart place . Have a good weekend !

Van
10-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Taking my boy out in the boat tomorrow. Gonna fish all day...

We will be fishing for LARGE only !!!:D

I'm sure he will outdo me again..
Just hope the weather holds out.

Good Luck to all (and the SOX)....

Meeting my Yankees fan friend tonight for some cold ones.
But we will be drinkin in Southie so I'm sure he will keep his mouth SHUT !!:smash:

Saltheart
10-10-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm here in Mexico. I guess I'll work Sat and watch the game at night. Maybe work Sunday , maybe not. Watch game either way.

good thing the ballgames are on or Id be bored stiff.

Slingah
10-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Maybe some early a.m. time. My wifes b-day also Sat.
GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goose
10-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Fishin tonight, scoutin the morning... eat bull@%&* and fish with S-B tomorrow scout some more sunday and watch theSOX spank the yanks:D

COWBOY UP !

Got Stripers
10-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Fishing tomorrow am, but will not make the leg, hope to repeat on Monday and Pats Sunday with some chores and stuff mixed in.

nightfighter
10-10-2003, 06:57 PM
son's football game at noon Saturday knocks me out of the box for Rhody. (he gets to carry the rock more times in one game than I had touches my whole time playing:) ) Sunday taking the kids to Pats Giants for their first game. That's a long day so fishing will be local.

Beachwalker's plans changed last weekend, so I couldn't show him around the North Shore. Sumpthin 'bout a lady in VT? Anyhow now that I see his signature, mebbe it was a good thing he didn't show up here. I'd bought you a cowboy hat of your own Beach:D

Bazza
10-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Kids soccer game sat AM. Meet in RI for SB tourney leg. Watch Red Sox. As much as I want the sox to win, I feel the whole" cowboy up'"theme is kind of weak. Any body else feel that way? I thought it was really weak of the red sox to have "Lily" on their backs in the bull pen. These guys are pro athletes, not high school.

KLMulder
10-11-2003, 06:36 AM
I am still waiting to fing out if there is a sox fan that knows the meaning of COWBOY UP. I doubt it:D

Clammer
10-11-2003, 07:10 AM
:hihi:

Playin' on Clammer's computa.

JohnR
10-11-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by KLMulder
I am still waiting to fing out if there is a sox fan that knows the meaning of COWBOY UP. I doubt it:D "Steers & Queers and I don't see no horns boy"

OK - no that wasn't it. How 'bout when the bull your riding throws you and messes you up you get back on for another round (or some goat roping schtuff like that)

Originally posted by Clammer

Playin' on Clammer's computa.

Yeh - Clammah, right

KLMulder
10-11-2003, 07:37 AM
OH so close John. You have impressed me but I think that the cherry on your cigar just fell in the surf.:laughs:

beachwalker
10-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Nightfighter,

Thanks for the cap. I will wear it with respect. Believe it or notI am not the hate filled, a-hole yanks fan that most are used to.

Yea. I was distracted up to VT. :D

Back on the sandbar. Fishing is hot and the wind is up. Probably go for a windsurf after work and then do some casting at dusk.

nightfighter
10-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Beach,
You're welcome to come play anytime. Only five small this AM, 'tween 0600 and 1000.

Go gettum today/tonight boys and girls!!!

rphud
10-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Thinking of trying to time the front or just look for something facing into the wind in RI early Monday. Depends on the home front and the motivation, wind, moon, .... Probably thinking too much.