View Full Version : Winning Sucks

beachwalker
10-10-2003, 03:38 PM
By no means is this a response to T.L.'s WAAF song.

It's just that for all the people telling me that Yankees Suck and Jeter's edited, etc. :

I just can't seem to get over that I believe that Sox fans are jealous of a team that has won SO much. And then couple it with hatred of the Met's (bitter memories once again) and we have some fans that are really hurting inside.

So, let's get this over with and go ahead and beat the Yanks. Go on and win the series (because you KNOW you are SO FRICKIN' due) and then you will have a least one more team and fans that hate you and maybe you will finally understand that:

WINNING SUCKS

:D

Slipknot
10-10-2003, 05:18 PM
No winning does not suck. However, I don't think the Yankees suck either. As a matter of fact I hate that saying and those t-shirts and how childish it makes the sox fans look to yankee fans and others. The fact is, the Yankees are good, if they sucked they wouldn't be in the playoffs. The Celtics fans used to shout beat L.A. , they didn't shout L.A. sucks. Occasionally ya hear the sox fans shouting beat New York but mostly it's the other. :(
I just want them to win one for a change. 1986 wrecked me, I'll never forget that pitch that could have been a strike out or a simple ground out. I don't hate Buckner and he doesn't suck either. The guy was a great ball player and didn't deserve the crap he got.

beachwalker
10-10-2003, 05:26 PM
With ya Slip. Same way I look at it.

Buckner was a great player and it's unfair the treatment he has recieved.

Torres put a runner in scoring position before the bobble. In my opinion that was the mistake.......

Just think if there was NO ONE on.

But that was then and I really feel for a lot of you that had to suffer through that.

Good luck tommorrow. Gonna be a classic contest :D

Goose
10-10-2003, 05:29 PM
I agree slip, I wish they had something else to chant about. I think outa frustration through the years thats their way of releasing it....what ever.