View Full Version : #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&...your too protective!

Mr. Sandman
10-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Last night I was tucked into a sweet spot out of the wind and weather among some nice rocks drifting along quitely with my eels. It was cloudly and very dark right before the moon came up I had a couple fish already and saw a rock formation that looked very inviting but out of range with an eel. I did not want to start the motor so I picked up my other big spinning rod...no lure, started rummaging thru my surplus tackle tub that sits in front of the console....hey, this looks nice...a new blue salty bugger needle. Take it out of the package, snap it on and whale-it over to those rocks (damn they cast nice). 3 cranks of the handle later...WHAM!...Jezz that was a nice hit! WHAM WHAM! I can't set the GD HOOK!, make another cast....nothing, another cast WHAM! GOTEM! the drag actually ran for a couple seconds and gone...GD it! missed him again!! What the hell is going on? Reel in the plug turn on the cockpit lights and look to see Salty has these neat little clear protective tubes on all the hook points. I took those off and it promptly delivered a 22#er .
doh!:smash:

JohnR
10-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Yeh did that too. Had 2 drifts out of a breachway last week and had 10 hits each drift and no fish. I was yelling about his plugs too - 'til I saw the point covers.

I think you need to use RED plastic instead of clear 'cause you can't see the clear at night...

UserRemoved1
10-13-2003, 07:15 AM
HAHA!!!!!!!!!

You guys are great :D

I put them there for a few reasons....the FIRST being to protect MY finners when I assemble the lures, nt 2nd to protect the bags from getting torn up, and third to keep the lures from being scratched while they sit in the tubs being rumbled around.

For the record I done it TOO :D

And I can't change colors cuz they only make that tubing in clear...and that is the ONLY stuff so far cheap enough and works well enough to stay on the damn hooks too!

JohnR
10-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
And I can't change colors cuz they only make that tubing in clear...and that is the ONLY stuff so far cheap enough and works well enough to stay on the damn hooks too! Run a quick blast of red spray paint over the tubing before you cut it up...

NJTackle
10-13-2003, 07:52 AM
This reminds me of a guy at work here that keeps forgetting to pull the protective clear sealer off the ink cartridges for the plotter. I swear he must be blind!

:smash: :smash: :smash: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

UserRemoved1
10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Naaa it's more fun hearing bout you fergettin to take them off :p

Plus EVERYONE knows my lures don't catch fish :D