View Full Version : Leg Thanks

redlite
10-15-2003, 01:26 PM
I haven't had a chance to yet, but I wanted to thank Toby and Chris for leading me and my buddy around at the Leg this past weekend. It was a real pleasure hanging with them, their very patient and tolerant women, Rich, Tbone, and Krispy (till he bailed on us to go catch fish). Dissappointed that we didn't catch any fish, but then again we didn't fish too much or too hard. Spent the majority of it sleeping. The bonus was I got a SWEEEEET pair of socks that I gave to my girlfriend and we tested a new line of alternative custom lures for those crappy nights when the front seat of the truck seems more appealing than standing perched on a rock praying that a big fish pulls you off rather than getting blasted off by a wave. After getting munged out down the cape, I hauled from P-Town to Weekeapaug in hopes of winning that custom rod, but did get to watch some of the greatest Yahoo fishing I have ever seen in my life in the breachway. Seemed more to grasp the idea that the get togethers can be more rewarding and enjoyable shooting the breeze trading stories with a bunch of guys rather than fishing like every cast is gonna be a pay off.
Again, thank you to all that put it together, showed up, and made not catching fish an enjoyable time.

Krispy
10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Redlite, I had a good time fishing with you guys, ya made me :laughs: and we made you actually walk to a fishing spot :rolleyes: . We gotta catch up and teach me the Cape sometime

tlapinski
10-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Redlite, no problem. i had a blast, too. come on down when we have some fishys around next time. just be sure to leave the thing under your seat back on the cape........

Gooch
10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
You talkin about the mad blue dance going on in the breachway Sat evening. My favorite part was when guys on each side plus the bridge had a 3way tangle. Saw it from the safety of my truck. Afraid to get out with all that shrapnal. Funny to watch though.

TBone
10-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Redlite...any luck catching on that custom made lure? I still think a little salsa would have added to the success!! Nice fishing with you and your buddy Walter...a cape trip is needed in the future.

wahlie
10-20-2003, 06:43 PM
redlite,
had a blast fishing with you guys. I'll try to get those picts posted tonight of the magic plug. It might have to go to the gutter.... We'll have to meet up soon and get some fish.
-Chris
ps. I'm glad your girlfriend like the socks ;)

JohnR
10-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Gooch
You talkin about the mad blue dance going on in the breachway Sat evening. My favorite part was when guys on each side plus the bridge had a 3way tangle. Saw it from the safety of my truck. Afraid to get out with all that shrapnal. Funny to watch though. Friday night (last week) at Q I almost pulled one of you hard side guys into the drink :) ... Had the fish hit and run and then got real strong like it just realized it was on the line... As I was fighting it (and thinking "nice fish" :rollem: ) it was moving upcurrent into the breachway. Then I started pumping the rod real hard as I thought it was behind that big rock. As I pumped the rod I saw one of the guys on the other side start to tumble down the front :eek5: and realized I had a fish & human on :laughs: ... Tuned out to be an 8# blue and a 180# RIMS guy :laughs: - both safely released