View Full Version : Cape scouting report!!!

Fisherwoman
04-19-2001, 04:31 PM
Well we hit the usuall haunts today, and we finally had one hook up, By SQUIDMAMA, yes thats right the bass slayer took um by surprise today!!! After hitting the usuall narrows and onset, then down to the bass river and NADA, we hit scorton creek at dead low tide, saw a few little bait fish jumping around and after 2 cast the Squidder herself hit paydirt, nice schoolie!!! We had a few chasers also, but nobody else hooked up. Will have to chek it out again at full tide and see what happens!!!! Didn't see bait anywhere else today, had a strong cool wind and the water temps haven't risen much. By next week with improving weather, the bass should be everywhere!!!!!! Bring IT ON!!!!

Jenn
04-19-2001, 08:46 PM
you mean by like. say, next sunday???!? heh, heh, heh....

I took a little trip to that money s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g place in CT today....and couldnt help but think of just how close to the Atlantic I was and without a fishing pole......even if I had been skunked I still would have gotten more than I did "you know where" :( That'll teach me, eh?!!

JohnR
04-19-2001, 08:56 PM
It's a fish! It's a start... Going to giver the Wall a shot tomorrow (playing mental health day), Sat, & Sun and I'll bag in sick until they are there... nahh, I wouldn't bag in for schoolies.

Happens at the beginning of every year. One person gets one here and another gets a half dozen there and within a couple days, several different people get a hundred little brighties (OK, maybe 50)... It's been a long wait, glad it's just about over...

Jenn, was Regis there? Hehehe :-D

GET OUT! GO FISHING!

Jenn
04-19-2001, 09:10 PM
Um....was he supposed to be??? I want to be a MILLIONAIRE!!! But I guess god wanted me to be poor..... :( I am doing a fine job of THAT anyway!! HA!HA!HA!

Fisherwoman
04-20-2001, 10:23 AM
Just a little Yuk Yuk for you from our days adventures. We wanted to let you know about The Big Catch and his Big Catch of the day, While we were fishing Scorton, the only tree residing there was caught by no other than the Big Catch himself. Catching the big maple with a shad and his very own hand made teaser rig. NICE CATCH BIG GUY!!!!!!. I think we may have to come up for a new name for him, Possibly tree hugger, or I don't know maybe, over the cliff, thru the bushes, off the bank, over the maple and Shwwwwooooosh, no points!!!!!! Had a great day and alot of laughs, wish we could have gotten that on tape!!! LMAO

Jenn in a couple of days, things should be kicked off bigtime, next weekend should prove hopefully to be a great trip for all, can't wait to see everybody!!!!

schoolie monster
04-20-2001, 01:12 PM
Great to hear... supposed to be alot warmer beginning today and should last most of next week. Warm up those bass! Let's say goodbye to the longest offseason on record. Yikes.

Hey, if you think about it, could you bring a little sampling of flies. I'd like to check 'em out. I know you and Bill are running seperate trips, but I'm sure we'll bump into each other.

Look forward to seeing you and BC next weekend.

Fisherwoman
04-20-2001, 01:32 PM
No Promblem SM, I will have them with me. How are things? Yes with the warmer weather we should be were we need to be with the fish. Look forward to seeing you!!!!