View Full Version : The Yankees win

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 08:35 AM
It is high it is far it is GONE THE YANKEES WIN TTTTTTHHHHHHEEEE YYYYYYYAAAAAANNNNNNKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! The red headed step children go home dejected again!!!

Now that having been said after all the Sh!t I have put up with from Boston fans all year I would like to say " congradulations on a great year " I mean that, they played some great ball you should all be proud of your team. noone thought they would get into the post season. great year guys.

The Iceman 6
10-17-2003, 08:41 AM
klmulder -

I agree 100%. Sox fans awfully quiet this morning. Can you blame them? No gloating necessary however, just business as usual. What a game, more fun being there!!!. "We've done you again"

ICE

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

JohnR
10-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I hate the ^$%%^#($ :af: guy

bloocrab
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
John.....isn't there some kind of "setting" you can adjust that would NOT allow the words "Yankees/Baseball/WorldSeries/RedSox"....from being typed???

I live in Massachusetts.....there is NO world series here, baseball as we know it, is OVER. I am a sore loser...blah blah blah....go talk about the Yankees on a NY based website.....blah blah blah....

Congratulations Yankee fans -

End of story - :scream2: :af: :af: :lossinit: :crying: :bc: :crying: :bc:

chris L
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
go eat a chicken leg crab !

JohnR
10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Bloo - I wish I could - but all I can replace it with is something like %$^&#)(*#

CSK
10-17-2003, 10:25 AM
I'm with Bloo. Let them have their bull#^&#^&#^&#^& pig pile someplace else.

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 10:33 AM
After all the cra& that boston fans have posted on here I would think there would be a little more parity going on but i guess it still hold true that red sox fan dont love the sox as much as they hate the Yankees. If I had talked as mush trash as the rest of you yall would be hunting me down and piercing my entire body with rusted hooks. Come on guys have more class than Pedro that should be a low mark to shot for as he has none.

P.S. John I hope its not me that you hate.

beachwalker
10-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Be happy it isn't a "Bullsh&%t pig pile".

I agree with Mulder. We have had to listen to the "Yankees Suck (yea right)", "Jeter edited" (where the hell did that come from ?) crapola EVERY year for how long ? And then, what happens ? The Sox lose and the Yanks move on.

I won't go a step farther. I have nothing but good words for the Sox and I pray they keep most of the team together (including Grady. BIG MISTAKE IF YOU GUYS CAN HIM !)

I agree with Rock Hound and he stated it beautifully. I was more worried this year (of the Sox potential) than ANY Sox team in the last 25 years.

It doesn't soften your pain of defeat, but please, some of us ARE civil Yankees fans.

And believe me. I have a hell of a lot of respect for Florida. They are a VERY good team.

Extremely fast.

This could be a Marlins sweep.

God I hope not.

JohnR
10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Actually - I don't hate any of you %^$#(# ( :D ) fans and I don't think anyone else here does or in Red Sox nation. And yes, the gloating has been far less from you guys that what would typically happen (I was the local Boston guy with all NY roomates - I KNOW).

It's just all this talk for the past week - not so much here - of the curse (which is a load of locally media manufactured cukka), the 26 wins you do have (kudos to you - though we do have 16 WC banners from the Celts), the 100 mil -v- 150 mil payroll, and the list goes on and on. This year and maybe next year could be our last best chances to unseat the Yankees. It sucks being forever the bridesmaid in the AL which is what has happened in our baseball "fandom". We arguably had a team that could beat you and go all the way.

Some people feel that Boston has an inferiority complex -v- NY. Might be true in some small respect but the bottom line is that one of New Englands two pride & joys, Sox & Pats, the Sox have not won the big one. 80 years of lousy management & ownership, at least from assembling a WS team, has struck a chord with Boston fans. Fortunately, that 80years is over. We have better management, We will comptete, which is doubly hard seeing that ole Georgie is already wondering who he can "BUY" for next year.

We'll find a way someday to both beat the Yanks AND win the World Series. To you Yanks fans (that often feel entitled to win every year) it will be just a missed chance, a bad team, an unlucky call, a speed bump on the road to baseball fandom imortallity. For us it will be Sports Nirvana.

Red Sox fans are always hasseled for "Wait til Next Year" but with this new management, that statement has more teeth.

We'll fix your wagon one of these days. But in the meantime we don't want a pity party, just leave us alone to go sulk around a little bit. Our Pats are still better than you GMen or Jets, Jets, Jets :D , our Celts are better than the Nicks, B's -v- Rangers/Islanders is a draw these days, they all equally suck. And with the of Pats 2001 we've reached one watermark of New England Fan Nirvana, but when the Sox finally win it all, hopefully in the next decade, we will experience something that Yankees fans will never understand. That all GOOD things will come to those that wait. We will get one, sooner rather than later.

In the meantime I take great comfort in the fact that New England Striper Fishing, bell to bell, exceeds that of New York, and by far surpasses that of NJ :D :D :D :D - No hard feelings guys...

Your die-hard Red Sox fans...

JohnR
10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Oh, forgot to mention - the Yanks announcer is still REALLY ANNOYING. No comparison to Joe & Jerry

beachwalker
10-17-2003, 11:50 AM
John,

Well said and, yes we do have more fish. But where do they originate from ? ;)

JohnR
10-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by beachwalker
But where do they originate from ? ;) Chesapeke, Virginia, North Carolina....

beachwalker
10-17-2003, 12:05 PM
ALL of them ?

I had always read that a vast portion came from the Hudson.

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Very well said and thankyou John you are one of the very few Gentlemen Red Sox fans.

Not to start another argument BUT a much higer %tg of Boston players are bought compared to the Yankees.

Also I did not start watching football until I move to Kansas 5yrs ago and became a Chiefs fan back when the sucked. Alto I did root for the pats in the supperbowl at bullfrogs in Topeka.:happy:

JohnR
10-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by KLMulder
Very well said and thankyou John you are one of the very few Gentlemen Red Sox fans. Most of us Sox fans are good people. Probably the same percentages of that of Yankee Fans. Are the Yanks fans different from Jets or Giants Fans? Don't think so... There are class & low lifes in both groups.

[/B] Not to start another argument BUT a much higer %tg of Boston players are bought compared to the Yankees.[/B]

Neither team has done much to bring up from within so that argument is a wash. The buying players somes from Georgies Fat Wallet.

There is a difference of about 40-50 mil between payrolls... The difference is more than some teams entire payrools.

NY 2003 - $149 Mil
Boston 2003 - $98

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/2003mlbpayroll.html

JohnR
10-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by beachwalker
ALL of them ?

I had always read that a vast portion came from the Hudson.

No, a SMALL portion, less than 15% is believed to be from the Hudson. Most studies I've read has us with Chesapake fish

beachwalker
10-17-2003, 12:28 PM
So Orioles fish ?

Oh man ! :(

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by JohnR

Neither team has done much to bring up from within so that argument is a wash. The buying players somes from Georgies Fat Wallet.

There is a difference of about 40-50 mil between payrolls... The difference is more than some teams entire payrools.

NY 2003 - $149 Mil
Boston 2003 - $98

You have missed that one John lets see Jeter, Sorie, Andy, Jorge Bernie

As for the pay roll dont be mad because George is willing to pay his players. Also we both know that the payrole has nothing to do with how a team plays the game AKA how the Redsox played according to that disparity in pay. Well if you use that argument I guess they should have never even bothered to play past the all star break.:laughs:

JohnR
10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
KL - running outa time for a reply (gotts go fishing).

If we were able to pay that kind of coin, we could buy the best too. Yes, the Yankees had broght up great players - like you mention - but it has been a while and the till is getting empty like ours. Niether the Sox or Yanks had much trade bait to offer this year and the farm systems for both are rough. Had we had your money (and had better management), maybe we would have been able to keep some of our guys along the way too. Right now we're going to lose some of these guys in a year or two cause we can't afford them: Nomar, Pedro, Manny (20 mil per year was stupid but we were being placated for not getting Mussina), Varitek, Lowe. And we did spend some on the guys nobody wanted: Walker, Millar, Muellar, Ortiz...

Ooops , clean fishing laundry needs to go into dryer...

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
I agree 100% and I think both teams will be torn apart over the next 2 yrs

bloocrab
10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
...it still hold true that red sox fan dont love the sox as much as they hate the Yankees. ..

KL...I hate any team that beats mine :D.

..and for the record, my post was in jest. I believe I congratulated the Yankee fans...just before I started crying.....

..who's next???

....Go Bruins!!!!....:laughs:

chris L
10-17-2003, 02:45 PM
dont you mean go ISLANDERS !:laughs:

hey I can see again 2020

KLMulder
10-17-2003, 03:18 PM
o my god o my god o my god I cant believe it I just got ticketts to game 2 Sunday night o my god I am shaking so much bleacher sec 39 row N seats 26,27 me and my ol man are going it will be worth the price to see his face YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO YANKEES

come on guys PLEASE root for the Yankees in this one ill be there and I dont care if this is the only one they win just so long as they win when im there:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :D

likwid
10-17-2003, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes:

Beckett will murder the Yankees

23 and already a god under pressure

he knows he has his whole career ahead of him and he's taking advantage of his skills NOW

beachwalker
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Here we go again............ :rolleyes:

missing link
10-19-2003, 03:08 PM
yankees suck

Goose
10-19-2003, 03:28 PM
I dont care if this is the only one they win

typical NY fan.....your such a loser.

beachwalker