View Full Version : Enough With The Darn Red Sox...Lets Talk Fishing!

BigFish
10-17-2003, 01:46 PM
I went down the Race on Thursday morning and Fisherwoman and Baitcaster came down to meet me. We all went out on the Race and picked off bluefish for 6 hours. Hard NW wind, birds everywhere. Still bluefish around, that means that unless the weather turns sour quickly, we should be into bass until at least mid-November.....and I do not mean schoolies. I hit the Backside solo around midnight to chuck some eels and hooked up with a nice 29 pound 8 oz. bass right off the bat. Redlite happened to bump into me so we hit a couple spots until around 4:00am and called it a night. Things were dead after that one fish, I dropped a couple of other ones because of problems with the drag on a brand new Penn Liveliner:lossinit: but I went home happy with the one I had in the box. I was hoping it would slip over 30 pounds but not quite. Still lots of fishing to be done.:uhuh: Baitcaster and Fisherwoman, had a great time with you guys on the Race. Thanks for calling me and hooking up. You guys are a blast. Who said it was bad to have the blues?:doh: :sleeps: OK...bad joke, but I like catchin' em' anyway. That one I kept weighed 10 pounds 11 oz. Not too shabby, puts me in second place in the surf bluefish men's division I believe....I will have to check with the Derby Chair.:laugha: :hihi: Redlite....thanks for letting me tag along while you made the rounds, too bad we didn't hook up but maybe next week if you are looking for company. Thanks again. The people on this board are great. They really make fishing a blast. Anyone else catching?:drool: :faga:

Tagger
10-17-2003, 02:44 PM
somebody say blues ????

Fisherwoman
10-17-2003, 04:34 PM
:p Hey Bigfish, way to go on the nice chunka, wish I could have stayed but thats OK I will get my shots down there before the fat lady sings. Bill & I had a ball yesterday out there on the beach with ya. BC passed out in the truck on the way home about 15 min after we left, he was a gonner. Thanks for luggin us out on the surf.

Was a great day, and what a beautiful sunset!!! Congrads on the big blue buddy. We will hook up again real soon as I am getting itchy for a nice chunka myself.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

BigFish
10-17-2003, 05:49 PM
:sleeps: Hope Bill wasn't driving when he passed out Jules:laugha: I just checked with the Derby Chair and it looks like I am in first place with that blue. Sweeeeet!:uhuh:

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-17-2003, 08:29 PM
had a good day fishing Moriches Inlet Monday morning a than again in the afternoonlivelining bunker the largest was only 20 lbs. but the numbers made up for it. monday night one short from the beach. wednesday fished shinecock inlet with a good 45mph breeze blowing one 15 lber on a danny and 8lber on a darter.it was the nastyest i have seen the ocean in quit a while.

BigFish
10-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Way to go I Fish Vt. Could you tell me where Moriches Inlet is?

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Moriches inlet is on the south shore of Long Island about60 miles west of Montauk. about ten miles west of Shinecock and 40 miles east of Fireisland inlet. might head up the cape next week, depending on weather and fish.