View Full Version : Fishing with Yankee Fans

Van
10-20-2003, 07:50 AM
On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the
coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Popemobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a New York Yankee's jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Boston Red Sox jerseys aboard. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious Yankee fan from the water. Then using (autographed Nomar) baseball bats, the three heroes in red beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat also.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Red Sox and Yankee fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know sh* t about shark fishing.... how's the bait holding up?"

Rappin Mikey
10-20-2003, 10:34 AM
I went fishing with a Yankees fan this weekend. He had a siezure right as soon as we woke up. No history of epilepsy either. I thought he was immitating a fish at first (laying on the ground flopping) when I went over to tell him to cut the Sh!$t I noticed blood coming out his nose and he was drooling. I tried to call 911, no service. I tried to pull him up to my car, but he was to heavy, couldn't budge him. I waved down the first car I saw, lucky for me the guy was an EMT. To make a long story short, the kid finally came out of it. We caught some fish, but it was one of the top three scariest moments in my life. I thought the kid was dying or something. That is what you get for being a Yankees fan.

Van
10-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Holy crap, that ain't no Joke, lucky for him you were there.

Hope hes alright and seeing a doctor ASAP, don't think I would have gomne fishing if it were me though. I think I'd head straight to the ER...

Rappin Mikey
10-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Probably should have brought him straight home. The paramedic who helped us said he would be alright. But who is he, God? My uncle is a doctor, so I called him when I went home and he told me that the kid needs to be checked for epilepsy and that it sometimes manifests in the early 20's. Anyway, he then told me that he wouldn't be able to drive for a seizure free year after that. I told my buddy this and I don't think he is taking it seriously. Even though he is a Yankee fan, he is a real good kid, and I'd hate to see him get hurt. If he doesn't go to the doctors I am going to tell his girlfriend (even though he swore me to secrecy). But I'd rather break my oath then see him break his face in a car accident. Crappy situation for me to be in, but a lot worse for him.

Jimbo
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
I think your friend isn't taking this seriously enough considering it came out of the blue. It was scary just reading about it. Tell his girlfriend and his parents.
(Since when have you been able to keep a secret, anyway?)

Van
10-20-2003, 01:39 PM
He would probably forgive you seeing how you could be
saving his and possibly someone else's life....

beachwalker
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
:D

:laughs:

chris L
10-20-2003, 08:08 PM
get him to a doctor . this is serious and he will have major problems without help . hes lucky he didnt swallow his tongue he probably would not have made it . hes lucky it happened when you were there . I know how you felt . tell everyone !

Rappin Mikey
10-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Good news. I convinced him to go to the ER yesterday after work. They did EKGs, CAT scans, and blood work. Everything came out fine. I can't exactly remember what he said the doctor attributed the seizure to. I think he said it was low magnessium or sugar level or something. Anyway, he is OK for now.
Go celts! wheres Walker?

beachwalker
10-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Dallas. I am happy he is gone. We wasted a lot of nights with him. Forn the recoed, I am not related to him.

Glad to hear that your friend is doing OK. My laugh and smile weren't about that, it was the Yankee joke.

Rappin Mikey
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I didn't like Walker that much anyway. In college he was one of the best offensive rebounders I ever saw. Then in the NBA he looked like he was allergic to the paint. What are we going to do about the 1 spot? Even though Delk wasn't a true point, he looked like the best thing we had. LaFrenz (spelling) is a nice pick up, but Mills and the other guy look like a couple of bums. Maybe we'll get a nice pick out of Dallas' #1. Anyway, I can't wait for the regular season to begin and see how this Perkins kid ends up. Keep an eye on Kedrick this year to. Peace

Van
10-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Total agreement, Walker was too unpredictable. One game super hot, next he wouldn't show.
I liked Delk, I'm not sure of the sanity of that part of the deal, but then again I ain't no coach or manager..
We shall see, with new players they are gonna need to relearn how to play with each other.