View Full Version : The Vineyard

Marc Z
06-05-2000, 02:11 PM
Heading out to the Vineyard Thursday, fishing till Sunday and I can't wait!!!!!
Anybody fished there yet this year or hear any reports from good sources?????
I understand East Beach has been good for bluefish but really want the big ol Bass.
I fished there last year for the first time and did well at East Beach and excellent at Lobsterville, but was thinking of trying Squibnocket for some bigger fish. Any experiences over the years from any of you guys that might be helpful would be appreciated.
Thanks again,

Marc Z

Mike P
06-05-2000, 08:02 PM
It's been about 10 years since I've been to MV in the spring, but we used to get a lot of big bass soaking fresh squid (just jigged from Edgartown Harbor) off the structure of South Beach--our favorite spot was around the pond opening. With all the squid that seems to be around the Island this year, this would seem to be a good bet. Bear in mind, in the mid to late 80s when we did this, the bass stocks were nowhere near as healthy as they are now.

Try to be out on the beach before first light, and about an hour before dusk.

JohnR
06-06-2000, 07:21 AM
Mike, feeling better???

MarkZ, haven't talked to anyone that has been there recently but last year this time larger bass were hitting plugs and eels over the rocky section of the NE point of Cape Pogue as well as bait at Katama. The west side of the island was said to be good... From talking to a several people, Squibnocket should be on your list at least once...
Won't be out there until the derby...

Good luck,

John

Marc Z
06-06-2000, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys, I'll be sure to let you all know how we make out in case anyone wants to get out there.
MZ