View Full Version : Woohoo, got a new plug!

Patrick
04-22-2001, 09:53 AM
My dad and I went up to this Flea Market that is up at the local highschool. I walked through and didn't see too much. Then my dad noticed some lures on a table. Got what looks like a 2 oz Gibbs darter. It needs some hooks but it's in overall good shape. Price? 13 bucks? Ha the guy let it go for two! He had two darters in a orange and a school bus color but the paint was all cracking so I passed on them. They were two bucks too by the way. Here is a pic.

Oh yeah, I also patched up the waders. They are almost dry. It says they are usable in 3 hours but it says it's better to wait 24 hours. Went with Scientific anglers patching. Very good stuff.

Mike P
04-22-2001, 08:54 PM
Nice find--if that's a Gibbs, it's an original one made by Stan or his son. Certainly a better one than any you can buy now bearing that name. (Still steaming over my Humptey Dumptey $11 darter)

The original Gibbs had two belly hooks like that one. Odd color, though--possibly one they only sold out of their shop and not in stores.

JohnR
04-22-2001, 09:08 PM
You mean you never hit one with a can of spray paint? Two years ago, Bill was nailing them at Watch Hill in September, he said thay'd hit anything that was green as there were too many blues for just eeling. The local shops had nothing close so that's what we did, painted a bunch green... Didn't make much sense but that's what was working.

Swap out the rear bucktail too...