View Full Version : Wonder how THIS is going to affect the bite...

fishweewee
10-23-2003, 11:30 AM
:confused: Should we cover our heads with aluminum foil or something? :laughs:

Strong Geomagnetic Storm Expected to Hit Earth Friday

Thursday, October 23, 2003

BOULDER, Colo. — A strong geomagnetic (search) storm was expected to hit Earth on Friday with the potential to affect electrical grids and satellite communications.

One of the largest sunspot (search) clusters in years developed over the past three days and produced a coronal mass ejection, similar to a solar flare, at 3 a.m. EDT Wednesday, forecasters at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (search) said.

The disturbance was expected to produce a geomagnetic storm rated G3. A G5 storm is the strongest.

The storm could make the aurora visible as far south as Oregon and Illinois.

A coronal mass ejection is an explosion of gas and charged particles into space from the corona, the outermost layer of the sun's atmosphere.

A second sunspot cluster not yet visible from Earth could produce more geomagnetic storms in the next two weeks, NOAA said.

MightyMouse
10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Hmmm... maybe time for fishermen to attempt star-wars tactics?:smash:

Strider
10-23-2003, 11:54 AM
QUOTE]A coronal mass ejection is an explosion of gas and charged particles into space from the corona, [/QUOTE]

hmmmmmm....sounds like someone's consuming too much kilbasa, beans and beer :p

redlite
10-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Not sure about the fishing, but it is having an effect on the interent already. Just got an e-mail with the following message
"Slingah has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Fish Pictures....Lets See Um' - in the StriperTalk! forum of StriperTalk.

But I go there and there is no post from him. Maybe he has been banned...............

Slingah
10-23-2003, 12:53 PM
scary

Carl
10-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Now I know why my email is not working :smash:

chris L
10-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Strider
QUOTE]A coronal mass ejection is an explosion of gas and charged particles into space from the corona,

hmmmmmm....sounds like someone's consuming too much kilbasa, beans and beer :p [/QUOTE]

I thought it was a sphincter and a corona was a beer . I must be mistaken .

beans beans are good for the heart the more you eat the more you .............................. mass eject .