View Full Version : This weather is just too sweet, the only problem

Got Stripers
04-23-2001, 07:53 AM
is my boat is scheduled to go into a different shop tomorrow aaaahhh; or is it Wednesday as noted on my other calender. I have to give them a call, because tomorrow's going to be pushing 80 again and I feel a little hooky is in order. The beauty of being self employed and running things out of a home office, is that I can fire myself anytime I want. I just wish I could win the next megabucks or Powerball, so I didn't have to keep hiring myself back...lol.

Anyone heard if there are actually catchable numbers over at the Plymouth power plant? I've heard they have a shutdown as well, so is the discharge not helping things? Hopefully (knock on wood), this other Suzuki dealer will get my shift problems resolved with some new cables and the weather will hold for maybe a boat ride over there late in the week.

On to the Saturday trip Juls & Bil. Please advise on the following;

1. Got no korkers, are they critical? Got felt wading shoes & neoprenes, that ok?
2. Torn between bringing the new 7 foot spinning or casting, depends on best choice for baits and casting distance required to some extent. Soft plastic or plugs? Describe your choice for baits for a small selection. What's the average cast distance required, we up close and personal or do we need some distance?
3. You know I'm not a big jig man and weight & fish my plastic differently. I doubt this is a problem, unless your fishing deep water, what depth water we fishing typically? Hard running current?
4. We meeting and car pooling from there? How many people are in on this?

Just a few questions. Hope this weather holds out, be nice to have a nice warm day like yesterday, but maybe some lighter winds.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]
Tight lines.

JohnR
04-23-2001, 08:20 AM
GS - We'll hold an online vigil to get your boat fixed...

1. No Korkers needed - these are mostly sandy spots but you will want dry chest height waders. Felt soles are fine

2. Casting or spinning, whichever you prefer. Spinning is probably better for tossing the lighter jigs. Some longer casts don't hurt but aren't critical

3. Bring 'em. The jigs and soft plastics are used and for the most part, you are not hitting any deep areas where getting down 20 feet is an issue. Most of the water is shallow but there are some spots with a strong current and a little extra weight helps... This is a little early for plugs and poppers but you never know...

4. We would like to condense vehicles at Dunkies as much as possible. I'll have room for two or three more plus me and the Clammer. I think Schoolie may come along too. Some of the spots have poor parking so minimizing the amount of vehicles is important.

I know there is me, Clamdigger, Schoolie Monster, and I believe Topwater and Slipknot are going. What about the Rhody Contingent? Saltheart & Fishpart - you two coming too?

Saltheart
04-23-2001, 08:56 AM
I hope to go. Thats early Sat AM , correct? Where exactly can I read about the where and when to meet? I thought this was a flyfishing mystery trip? no? yes ? maybe?

Would a thread that reads "This Weekends Mystery Fishing Trip" , right at the top of the board be a good idea?

Slipknot
04-23-2001, 09:03 AM
I thought it was Sunday? at 5 am DD at rotary no? and will I be home by noon or so?

Oh and GS, the plant will still be running the water thru to keep things cool , at least for a while.

Got Stripers
04-23-2001, 09:20 AM
Right Sunday the 29th, wouldn't I have looked stupid Saturday standing in the DD parking lot at 5 am in my neoprenes...lol. I guess I'll go with the 7 foot spinning and a good selection my hand poured plastics. I've got to pour up some of my 4" split tails then, seasons coming and it's time to stock up I guess.

I might have friend Pete with me as well if he isn't tied up with family stuff and all. Anyone guarantee a day like yesterday for Sunday...buy them all the coffee & donuts they can drink...just like the wind knocked down to about 10 thou...thanks.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]
Tight lines and this looks like a party, big fish points towards the tournament?

JohnR
04-23-2001, 09:50 AM
Sunday April 29th 5 am at the Sagamore Dunkies... You can fly fish if you want but it's primarily straight schoolie fishing...

GS - if you get a fish over 40 inches and someone from the board witnesses it and signs the afadavit (sp?), yes, that'll go towards the year long...

Fishpart
04-23-2001, 12:04 PM
I need to check with the boss...Between last fall and this spring I had 8 stumps ripped out and I'm still getting the yard straightened out, well at least flat. My helpers have been very helpful, 10 minutes filling wheelbarrow, 2 minutes pushing, 3 minutes emptying, 10 minutes giving rides a little annoying at times but so far the best time of my life. I did get a chance to go for some sunfish and you should see how two kids can wrestle over one fishing rod. On Sunday my dad came over for supper and after we finished the 2 year old hops in his jogging stroller with my dad at the back points at the fishing rods and says FISH. Now just two little sets of waders and a couple "head flashlights" and we'll be all set.