View Full Version : Last Night Fishing...

Notaro
10-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Yo, I went to Qouinnie last night with some guys from another forum. I met a guy whose mom that my dad knows very well. Anyway, it was dangerous for me to fish. I had no korkers for myself. I fished on the breachway rocks. All of us formed a line and fished around like an assembly machine. And guess what? I asked Joe Lyons for a tip at Qouinnie. I went and bought myself a danny stlye swimmer in bplurple color and....CAUGHT MY FIRST STRIPAH ON IT!!!! I looked into #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s website on danny's rretrieve techniques. I slowly retrieved it and boom! I screamed and panicked like a girl, "Oh chit! I got the first, damn, help, I got no korkers."

I landed a 18 inches bass and released it. I caught one fish so far.

However, I just met one of my goal, a striper on a plug. Sprinkes, I lost the black plug you gave me last night to the rock or striper... I couldn't tell.

JohnR, I am so going to get a pair of korkers next year.

And also check out #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s website, I am behidn the guy with a green headlight.

Nebe
10-26-2003, 09:31 PM
fourteen thousand posts and this is your first striper!? what have you been doing all this time??
good going and get some korkers.. If your a hippie, get some Korkenstocks.:D

Notaro
10-26-2003, 09:32 PM
On a plug, eben. This is a thrid schoolie i caught. I caught a big one last night and lost the plug!

Btw, some guys snagged peanut bunkers on their plugs and other angers' rigs!

BigBo
10-27-2003, 06:42 AM
Notaro buddy, were you using teasers like you've been taught? Especially when there's peanut bunker around.
I usually use a Clouser Minnow type teaser but I recently found and tried some CyberFlexx 1oz. rubber rattle baits in pearl translucent white that really imitate the peanut bunker unbelievably. They worked well for me yesterday anyways. They are superstretch rubber so they do resist tearing and such. Only problem is...don't throw them into your tackle box with the rest of your stuff. They'll eat through everything.:smash:
Hookups increased once I started using the teaser yesterday.:hee:

fishweewee
10-27-2003, 07:30 AM
It's more exciting when they hit a plug than a chunk, eh? :D

rwilhelm
10-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Congrats Notaro!!! It is a good feeling when they slam a plug, I bet you that you won't chunk as much anymore.

Joe
10-27-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm getting all these questions, "Joe, I'm going to Quonnie - what do I do?' Or, "Joe what's a good strategy."
Next year, you're all gonna have to put a quarter in the slot first.
Notaro, I hope you patronize SRI for your Korkers or I'm gonna turn on you like the Soup Nazi.
"No tips for you, one year! Next."

Clammer
10-27-2003, 09:06 AM
congrats,, you earned it ==now enjoy & get one bigger:p :p

Fishpart
10-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Notaro, you've been working at it for a while. Good Job!!!:happy:

RIJIMMY
10-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Nice job Notaro!

JohnR
10-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Don't get me wrong Joe, I don't want to rain on your parade and I'm glad you got a fish there the other night. From talking to a couple people that were there, at minimum you placed yourself in Jeopardy and perhapds others too. You were missing 3 things there; Korkers, some experience with Rock Hopping, and a lay of the land which you should get during daylight hours.

Again, I'm being very sincere when I say that you are really not ready for that spot. Sure, Quonnie is relatively mild compared to C-Town on a hompin' SE. It's easier to bring a fish out of Quonnie for sure. But you are not yet prepared in gear and experience to fish that place. I told you to hit FPR when you asked for advice and you might have had more fish on being both more comfortable in the surroundings and not needing to wait thru the ^%$&#* :af: rotation...

Don't get me wrong, that fish you got on a plug was most likely an eye opener for you and gratifying but its not worth going in the drink if you are not prepared. You have a lot of desire and drive to get fish and that's great, and in time if you stick with it the fish will come. But your right to fish does not supercede your needs for your safety and that of others. Believe me when I say that I'm not the guy you want to try to pull your butt out of the breachway because you were unprepared and not familar with rock hopping...

Again, read this for what it is, a SINCERE tip about the realities of fishing.

RIJIMMY
10-27-2003, 11:50 AM
I got the impression from Notaro he went w/some other guys who knew the lay of the land.

Korkers on a beachway? Is that the norm? I fished Ctown since I was @ 8 and never had a problem. My Dad was a safety freak. Is it a concern of being washed in from a wave? Maybe I'm just used to it.
I believe korkers are necessary for the Avenues or BP. I justed wouldnt wear them on a breach. I'm not being argumentative, just questioning :confused:

JohnR
10-27-2003, 11:55 AM
Korkers on a breachway? Yeh... I left mine in the truck a few weeks ago @ Q and was slippin alot when going down to get fish. Not needed on the tops but when you're pulling out a fish, absolutely

fishweewee
10-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Notaro,

If you're gonna fish Rhody at all, get a pair of korkers from Joe Lyons ASAP.

I'm with JohnR on this - don't fakk around with your personal safety. I've already fallen in the drink 3x this season fishing some hazardous spots - and if I didn't have my pfd and korkers with me (not to mention I swim a mile a day at the local YMCA) ... well, I don't want to think about it.

-WW

Fisherwoman
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Notaro, congrads on the fish and DO HEAD JohnR's words, this is not a game of life we are playing it is a sport, but I will not put myself in jeapordy just to get a fish on the line. Safety should always come 1st!!! then the fish. You should have had a teaser on buddy!!!!

chris L
10-27-2003, 02:07 PM
exqueeze me but even hippies wear korkers ! korkenstocks are for dead heads . man !

good for you Joe . next year ? get em now so you wont forget .

Christian
10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
:D

Notaro
10-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Yes, JohnR, you were totally, right. I had to sit on the rock and slide my butts down and find a flat surface for me to stand. And as goes for my personal safety, I am still a beginner with a lot of things to learn. Now, I rather to fish on the beach. And also, I will check the spot in daylight, not to fish in the spot without checking it out first. My fishing buddy wanted to go to Quoninnie on that night. I was stuck, I mean he has a car. I just couldn't resist the invitation. Again, my personal safety is a priority one.

Joe, I'm broke now. I hope that you still have those korkers and black plugs in winter time. :D I might need them. I couldn't find the black mambos and black stubb needlefish.

FWW, yes, I like it better than chunking. It's more exciting. And I can't swim a mile. I haven't been swimming for five years...

FW and BB, as for the teaser, I didn't have a teaser. I couldn't afford it. But another time.

Notaro
10-28-2003, 10:00 AM
JohnR, when yousaid "FDR," I didn't know what you meant until I just surfed on Joe's article on his website. And the spot looks good and convient for me to fish. Damn, I should have went there.:smash:

SeaWolf
10-28-2003, 10:35 AM
hi, johnr...

JohnR
10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
hi seawolf...