View Full Version : Crap Cod

Rappin Mikey
10-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Just got back from the Cape last night. What a weekend! If you like things that suck. I was slingin eels from LongNook down to Hatches, notta nibble. Did manage some skates, dog fish, a fluke, and an old balloon during the day. Water temp is just holding over 50 out there. Did anybody get into any? Or am I just the suckiest suck to ever suck?

scarecrow
10-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Give me a buzz mike I do i dont know about you got a tuesday off soon If U WANNA HIT A BREACHWAY OR TWO OR THREE OR FOUR LEAVE A MONDAY AFTER BUSINESS AROUND THREE THEN COME BACK LATE TUESDAY.

l.i.fish.in.vt
10-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Mikey, past you on the race, there were some fish aruond. had a 15lber and 35 lber friday nothing saturday.lost several fish as well

redlite
10-27-2003, 11:43 AM
I saw you on the beach from the boat Saturday just before you left Race point. There wasn't anything for us from the boat all the way from the Race to Nauset Inlet. We fished, eels, tinker mackeral, and whiting. Not a single striper or even a blue fish. It was miserable, and let me tell you about cold..................

Big Vern
10-27-2003, 12:06 PM
I fished hard from Coast Guard to Newcomb's Friday night, and all I had to show for the effort were some cold fingers. Even my home base schoolie spot was barren, and it never is when the fish are in. So, I deduced that the fish are not in.

I did manage a couple schoolies at the canal. I really like fishing that place. It's almost addictive.

Rappin Mikey
10-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Scare Crow, I have got that Tuesday off. That sounds like a good plan. If there is a S SW wind we should give Nappatree Pt. a shot. I'll swing by this week and check out that St. Croix. Give me a jingle.
Red Light, DC, or I Fish VT, let me know if you are going to give it another shot out there this year. Do you think another wave of fish will pass through? I think that brutally cold weather just moved em out for a little while, they'll be back.

Fisherwoman
10-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey Rappin Mikey, don't worry you aren't the only one that sucks!!!! Hit the Race Saturday also then some of the back beaches and NADA was the word, left 10 am sat got back 4 30 am Sunday, not even a tap on the eels or plugs!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Will probably give it one more try this week then headed to RI where there still are some fishies in numbers to be had!!!

capesams
10-27-2003, 01:14 PM
they were there sat...on the outside...just had to wait for the out going tide, half way down,,,big tides.

chief10
10-27-2003, 01:24 PM
fished the back beaches fri/sat got a couple 25lb ers and another spot just schoolies.:vamp:

Rappin Mikey
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM
I tried the back beaches. But I guess not long enough. Anyway, it is refreshing to hear that there are still fish out there. Equally refreshing to know I wasn't the only one who couldn't find them.

Mr. Sandman
10-27-2003, 04:29 PM
I fished almost all my spots along the eliz Isl's with eels this weekend...Its been productive all fall, Sat. was the first skunk in a loooong time. Had one hit but the thrill did not last long.

Dispite what the group is sayin...I think its just about done here in mass. Yes you might get the straggerlers but the main body of fish have split. Block and Montauk are the places you want to fish this time of year. ( http://www.jackyee.com/id1.html ) Last year was similar...when Nov came it was pretty much over. Yeah I know things are late and I figured it would be great thru nov with this delay...but it looks like things have caught up. Water temps are around 56 now, the poor weather is here and...its time to haul and pack this stuff away. :(
I remember the old days (early 80's)(...a Frank Daignault moment) where we caugth serious fish big time in Nov and even into Dec some years...but it has not been that way now for quite some time.. The fish bolt when Nov comes up in mass.

My biggest disapointment this year is seeing what the bass are eating...lobsters. That is what I found in their bellies 85% of the time this year. Bring back the giant schools big bait. When was the last time anyone saw a mullet? I remember (another DF moment) when they were think as pea soup. I bet this is also having some impact on why the lobster industry is hurtn in MA as well.

I have 2 more trips planned before I pull it...If I have a good trip I may keep it in a few more weeks but If I skunk out I am done for the year. Sat it was 28 deg at 5:30am ...@ 30 mph that is damn cold.

Van
10-27-2003, 04:50 PM
I think the fat lady is getting ready to sing !!!!!

TheRattBoy
10-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Wynonna Judd:confused: "tRB"

beachwalker
10-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Not even close to being done. Just getting in from another fun outing. Have had a couple of nights that didn't produce any larger fish but that is how it goes.

Catching on a array of artificials and bait. Mixing it up all the time. South shore is a beautiful beach this time of year.

Water is 59-61 degrees.

Far from over