View Full Version : MACKERAL BLITZ

Fly Rod
10-27-2003, 04:15 PM
The mackeral blitz has been going on in Rockport Mass. for the last three days One fella at Granite Pier had about 1100 pounds that he was going to take to the auction. Also the inner Rockport Harbor has had alot of action also. It's been great for the people fishing from the shore.

Mainer
10-28-2003, 06:27 PM
I was out on the dogbar breakwater last weekend and the macks were there big time.There was just one other guy out there besides myself.Brought home a bucket of jumbo mackerel in just under an hour.

RockLobsta
10-29-2003, 06:47 AM
I hope they are there this weekend I'll scoop up some and save them for bait........

Supposed to be near 70 on Sat....hope the wind is quiet..

JohnR
10-29-2003, 09:17 AM
You might want to keep 'em alive and bring them down south a little to be livelined :D

RockLobsta
10-29-2003, 02:08 PM
that would be the thing to do but that involves work on my part and I'd rather loaf around and enjoy the nice day.....supposed to be near 70....one of the last no doubt for the season. Soak up the rays.......

:cool:

Notaro
10-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Damn, I swore my parent that this weekend trip on Capt. Mike might be my last day of the season to fish, but with the mack blitz going around, I need to get back to the bearskin Neck soon...:happy: :happy: Thanks, FR.