View Full Version : Anyone surf fishing BI?

Mr. Sandman
10-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Today's montauk report: http://www.jackyee.com/id1.html
sound pretty good. Thats where they be. BI may still be in the thick of it as well...anyone fished it recently?

10-28-2003, 11:07 AM
I boat fished BI on Saturday, the largest was a 42" fish, I managed 4 bass in about 90mins most were in the mid-30" range. It was a slow day by BI standards. I was fishing eels deep on a downrigger, other boats dragging tubes and unmbrellas seemed to be getting alot of Blues. The water temp was still in the 57-59 degree mark which is good news... Sorry can't help you on the surf reports...

GoFish
10-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Pretty quiet from the beach for the last couple of days. Biggish surf and high tides have the south and west sides pretty churned up and murky. A few reasonable fish supposedly being caught around midnight. A few schoolies on the west side during the day. Someone said they had success drifting eels from a boat. Gotta believe that they're going to be hungry and move in when things settle a bit though...

Mr. Sandman
10-28-2003, 02:11 PM
GoFish...

You live on BI year round?

GoFish
10-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Yep, somebody's gotta do it. Moved the family out two years ago and renovated the Old Town Inn. Innkeeping's really started to interfere with my fishing though...

Mr. Sandman
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Thats great...Its good to have a local on this board. I live on MV (but have doen ALOT of fishing on your island!) Beachwalker on Nantucket...And one of the guys here has a home on Cuttyhunk...we got the islands covered with local knowledge!

GoFish
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Don't have much knowledge yet, but trying to get in at least a few hours of "school" every day!