View Full Version : Any Big Fish Still Pushing Through North Of Boston???

BigFish
11-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Just looking for any info on larger stripers...is anyone catching any bass of size, 20 pounds or larger, in the Boston area or north. Just curious to see if there are still large fish around or is it really over in Mass. The Cape was deadsville this past Wednesday and Thursday. Any big fish reports would be appreciated. :thanks:

Van
11-01-2003, 09:08 AM
The dogfish are bigger now...will that do?

Fisherwoman
11-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Hey Bigfish, we were out in the boat all day yesterday looking for cod and anything else moving. Caught alot of dogfish thats for sure, got 1 keeper cod out at the B-bouy and Gene landed a nice 20 lb bass in 130 ft of water, on a big jig on the bottom. WAS SWEET!!!! and and awesome way to top off the day. But that was it. Marked some bass off the point on the way in but didn;t fish it as the wind had picked up bigtime and tide was slack. So I wouldn't give up quite yet you may get lucky. I am headed to RI today and see if me can find some fishies. I'll let you know how I do!!!!;)

Christian
11-01-2003, 10:19 AM
i think most of the fish have left with a few big ones left behind, ill be out tommorow or this afternoon with my friend for a while then pullin his boat, were going to jiggy a while on 90ft spot off deer or go to anything else thats happening. fisherwoman, you go all the way out to the B in that lund?:eek: ive never been out there with my friend and hes got a 23'er.

van how is smelting?

Karl F
11-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Clean out yer PM's please :D

BigFish
11-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Cleaned out Karl F...sorry! How you doing Karl F?

Fisherwoman
11-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey Christian, yes we go all the way out to the "B" and further, just got to pick the right weather days. The cod haven't really moved in yet to the near shore ledges in any great numbers. Water temp yesterday was 52 degrees. Still alot of bait around. I think the fish are confused by the lack of colder water temps. Its been a weird fall!!!!

Caught a few big macks yesteday on the cod teasers and on there way to the surface were being chased by about 6-8 dogfish right on there tale!!!! We caught about 20 dog's yesterday. I think its time to open commercial season back up on this species!!!:smash: :smash: :smash:

macojoe
11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
EELS and Jigs off Monomy!! Got 11 fish this mornibg and only one was a short. The bigest being 45 inches, No scale on board. Got 2 blues and 4 dog fish. The bigger fish went for the jig on wire.
Morning was best!! wind kicked up pretty good later in the AM!!

Van
11-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Fishing last week, i was getting some cod near shore, but it was 1 for every 10 dogs...:af: :af:
Then everything went wrong and my day (and boating season) came to an abrupt end. .:af: :af:

Going out (way out) tomorrow with some buddies and hopefully we will score some nice cod..maybe even some haddock....:D

Smelting..........
Christian, went last week and there were only real small smelts, I never seen them that small, some people were taking them, but I released them, why bother, there ain't no meat on those,,,

I have not gone since, but my buddy went this past tuesday and only got a few decent sized ones, the rest were too tiny and released.

Need a real cold snap...then maybe..

Fisherwoman
11-02-2003, 06:08 PM
;) :p Oh Van, what is your schedule looking like this week??????????

Van
11-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Gonna take me 2 days to recoup from today, went out with Ron M., Joe S., and Charlie.
What an awesome day started off slow but soon picked up real good. We were out probably 40 miles.

Got lots of cod and plenty of HADDOCK (yes HADDOCK) a first for me... !!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

My freezer is packed, Thanks loads to Ron M. and Joe too.

I managed the largest after taking lots of shots from the guys cause of not catchin !!!!!

Van
11-02-2003, 07:37 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZ

Notaro
11-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Nice, we scored them on ave maria charters yesterday

Van
11-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Saw your post, very nice.

Mike is a great Capt.:D :D :D

Notaro
11-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Damn right, he is. I'm hosting a trip next year on his boat. I lost a bet to a yankee.

Fisherwoman
11-02-2003, 07:46 PM
:cool: :rolleyes: O common Van, you wimp. Can't take that jiggin huh!!! Ok Guess I will have to find somebody else!!!! Glad you guys had a good day, you must have gotten in right after we were down there filleting this afternoon.

Van
11-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes we just missed you, moose told me you where down there cuttin. We were fillleting for like an hour and a 1/2.

OK, I'm a wimp, but Jiggin those 24 ozs. in 270 feet of water. MAN its a work out.

Juls, I would go again, but I've tapped almost all my vacation time, and I have to save a couple days for around x-mas.

If things change I'll let you know.
Saw you moved alternative.
I'll be covering by baby next weekend.

macojoe
11-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Thats why I have eletric reels!!