View Full Version : PATS

JohnR
11-04-2003, 09:57 AM
I fell asleep after trying and trying and trying to stay awake, just as the Broncos were marching down the field up 24-23 - about three minutes left. I awoke and the game was over, something else was on, clicker was dead and I was manually searching channels to find a ticker on the score - took me a while! After reading the paper and finding out what happened I'm doubly pi$$ed for not be able to stay awake!!!!

Great finnish - wish I coulda woulda have seen it

redcrbbr
11-04-2003, 11:09 AM
great game and an awesome win.

it is truly nice to see soon to be a hall of famer coach working his mojo.

Brady and the long ball...... whoda thunk:D :D :D

Slipknot
11-04-2003, 02:21 PM
It was definately worth staying up for :D
The only part I nodded off through was when it was 10-10 at the end of the first half with a minute or 2 to go, and I wake up at the beggining of halftime to find the score 17-13:confused: But I caught that kick return in the recap after the game.

Gotta love Brady, he finds a way to win games:happy:

schoolie monster
11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
glad you all enjoyed it... why its so hard to figure out that if you catch the short, line drive free kick after the safety, you'll probably get close to mid-field and the game would probably be over. Nice bonehead play. Instead, you get the ball at the 13 and have to go ultra conservative.

But man, Brady is clutch. I have never given him alot of credit, but this year, he has shown me a mentally tough, legit leader who has developed the ability to get the ball downfield. He doesn't give up at any point. He moves great within the pocket... Trevor Pryce came free 7 or 8 times and Brady was able to get away, incl. on the final TD. He's a good player.

Coach Bill outcoached Shannahan big time. Twice Denver had 3rd and 3 or 4 in the 4th quarter right around the Pats 30. Your field goal kicker is gone for the game, you're not gonna kick a field goal. My logic says you have two downs to get the first to run out the clock and possibly ice the game.

Portis is starting to take over the game, even with 8 men in the box to stop him... what do you do? Put the ball in the hands of Kanell and after the incomplete pass, punt. Portis is your best player, you ride him with Plummer on the bench.

That was a very frustrating game, but taking a step back, it was a great game to watch.

I was up for every play (I knew all this sleep deprevation would come in handy for something) and for 59 min. I thought our season was salvaged. At least I didn't have to sit thru OT... Brady put me out of my misery.

Of course, then I was up till 2am rehashing why they kicked deep with 20-some seconds left in the first half (a squib kick might work) and why Deltha O'neal is such a jerk that he was still celebrating his punt return talkin' smack instead of catching the free kick or covering Givens.

He reminds me of the guy in the budweiser commercials... there's no I in team huh? shoot, ain't no we either man.

Miami will likely start folding this week in TN, so the Pats are in really good shape... I just hope Denver can put a few wins together when Plummer and Eddie Mac get back... they have a 4 outta their next five against some crappy teams. If they can get healthy and just get into the playoffs, I think they can compete with anyone.

Goose
11-04-2003, 06:05 PM
You mean ta tell me you didn't have a six pack of KMX John, shame on you:D. If was aggravating watch them make all those penalties, thats what musta put you ta sleep. Is it just me or does this team remind you of the 2001 Pats, you know that never die in your face to the end attitude. How bout R.Harrison, his presents has been felt since day one on this team. Brady plays the game like he's been around alot longer, no D.Patten and T.Brown didn't have one reception and Brady remains a cool cat in the pocket. Either team very well had the chance to take the game, but again, Bill and his Pats prove that they can finish a close game.

Goose
11-15-2003, 12:35 PM
What your thoughts on Sundays game? Do you think Brady does Dallas

argh
11-15-2003, 01:03 PM
The tuna's going to need a lot of helpers, and he's not gonna get any!:happy:

redcrbbr
11-15-2003, 09:31 PM
pats favored by 4, over /under @ 35

sounds to me it's gonna be one of those games won by a field goal..

i just wanna see the pats spank the goat ropers and run the tuna outta town