View Full Version : Plans For Next Season???

BigFish
11-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Just curious what everyone has planned for next season. The winter will be a long one, hopefully not as long as last winter. But during the winter, what equipment do you plan to buy for next season. Is there a rod and reel combo in your future or maybe some aspect of your fishing skills that you plan to improve on next year? Is there a special spot that you will be planning on fishing next year that you have never fished before? As usual...I will lead off!

I have made arrangements to have two new rods built for next year, a Ron Arra Lami 108-3 medium action spinning rod for throwing my plugs, and either a Ron Arra Lami 120-4 or 120-5 spinning for throwing eels. (I had a 120-5 made last winter by somebody but the quality just sucked...real sloppy job). Also, as much as I have bashed Van Staal users in the past, and I know some of you remember...right JohnR...I would like to buy a new VS reel for each rod! I am sick of the reels that Penn offers, the quality sucks, and I am basically tired of getting all kinds of crap splash up into my reel when I am knee deep in the wash ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g eels!!! Just wanna hose em' off and go! OK Guys...go ahead and beat me up. Oh...before I finish, one of my other plans is to try and stock up on Mr Habs needlefish plugs for next year, I do not want to get caught with my pants down again but they are so damn hard to find!!!

BigFish
11-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah!!!! Gonna try my hand at making wood swim as Christian says!!:uhuh:

Christian
11-08-2003, 04:02 PM
wow someone is talkative today:D :laughs: ;)
ill be buildin rods and plugs. i want to see what companies will come up for the next season.
i want to make enough money to buy 1 VS reel by april. then i have to decide wether to buy the reel or to spend the money on power tools.

JohnR
11-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Finish this one first :D

RIROCKHOUND
11-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Season is still going strong.. bass of the beach till first week of Dec. most years and blackfish in the boat till new years eve when they shut the season on us... I plan on turning more wood and making a few custom rods for me self..we move to a bigger apt. soon... still no workshop but getting closer.. I will have a den now with a worktable that I can paint and wrap rods at....
Bryan

missing link
11-09-2003, 04:34 PM
fish fish fish ummm and fish in plymouth alot. and maby start trying to build plugs.

blackeye
11-09-2003, 06:40 PM
till mid Dec. then put up the gear for the winter.
things to do list:
1. make new rod rack for the truck
2. make livewell for the truck
3. spin lotsa wood
4. make livewell for the basement
5. beat the crap outta nephews in hockey

scarecrow
11-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Hammer out some rods
Some Van Staals
Get my blazer
Make a cooler Rack
Make a roof rack.
Get some more Habs Needles.

Notaro
11-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Next Season, my plans are:
1) Buy new plugs and hit the spring for stripers with light tackle (with my best attempt at a purchase, right gear, and convient time)

2) Host a charter party for Bassman18 (Damn him...lost a frigging bet to a Yankee fans).

3) Get enough money for the rods from Bruce and Ben.

4)Try Duxbury Powder Point Bridge, Salem for winter flounders, and Cape Cod Canal (spring herring run with an EPA angent)

5)New Cooler

6) Korkers

7)get good grades so i cna transfer to NU or somewhere.

Christain, if you have time for the roof rod racks, lemme know. I can pick it up. We are neighbors, a town next to town.

My other goals that are going to be postpone due to the budget control;
1) Plug building gear
2) buying a sabauro 4x4
3) racks
4) women

BigBo
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Notaro, the last thing on your list is the most expensive!:laughs:

Notaro
11-10-2003, 11:32 AM
I ain't buying them. Finding them and getting them is expensive, BigBo.:D

Krispy
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Notaro, why are #3 and #4 the same? ;)

Jenn
11-10-2003, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#1) try to figure out why men are pigs;)
#2) remember why I stopped trying #1
#3) forget the whole ordeal and go fishing!

LOL

schoolie monster
11-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Man, I ain't doin' didly poo today... so I'll go.

First of all, I'm gonna fish for cod or holdover bass in CT as long as I can and hope the weather stays mild. I figure if I can get out once every 3 weeks or so, I'll survive the winter. I'm 80% sure I'll get a shot at FL for reds in late winter too, so that will give me something to look forward to.

As far as new equipment and new strategies for next season...

I'm adding one heavy outfit with a shimano baitrunner specifically for fishing live bait and targeting big fish. I learned alot this season fishing herring and will continue with that and my #1 priority for next year... live mackerel. I can't miss that fishery again... that would seem to be a great chance at a monster. I also have a Quantum big iron a friend gave me a couple years ago, it needs like one part and I'll get that fixed too. So, herring or mackerel, I will be able to live-line alot more effectively and be more prepared for a lunker. I missed a few opportunities this season m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&' around with the drag.

I'm also replacing my flyline from a floating line to an intermediate line. I had floating thinking I'd mainly be using poppers, but I'm going to flycast to the structure I fished all year and need to get down a bit in the wash on those rocks.

I also want to continue exploring new waters locally and down at the cape.

Locally, I want to check out the rocky shorelines north of boston and the sand flats off revere. And I really want to try the monomoy flats, but I've been saying that for a couple years now. Just a matter of committing to do it.

I'd like to say I want to do more surf fishing, but I doubt it will happen. Fisherwoman and I were talking alot about it the other day and the problem around here (boston) is the access is so limited. It just doesn't make much sense for me to spend the time I would need searching for spots, when I have a boat. And personally, spending alot of time under the stars isn't gonna fit into my life for a few years till the kids get older anyway.

Bigfish, you're killin' me... not that I haven't thought alot of this out already, but I'm ready for next season NOW.

redlite
11-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Take care of this year's unfinished business...... Fooling a 50 pounder.:pop:

fishaholic18
11-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Fish,fish,& fish, hopefully with a rod I built over the winter.