View Full Version : stripers in the York River: York, ME

drumaps
11-10-2003, 01:27 PM
while driving past the York River (Sewall's Bridge) lately, seemed to be some stripers chasing bait in the shallows.
has anyone else heard of a year round population in this area? if so, has anyone managed to catch one. thinking this may be a nice, definately cold, way to pass the winter.

BigBo
11-10-2003, 01:48 PM
I can't speak for the York River, but many rivers and estuaries will hold a population of winter holdovers. Just ask GotStripers. He's the king of winter holdover Striper fishing.:D Hard core man.
I like to do my holdover on the couch in the winter months:laughs: :smash:

The Dad Fisherman
11-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Talked to a friend of mine who just bought a place in York. He said he was talking to a game warden up there who told him that they do hold over there for the winter......Bundle up

drumaps
11-10-2003, 03:37 PM
hey dadfisherman, it's me das fisch

The Dad Fisherman
11-10-2003, 03:55 PM
you need to pick one name and stick w/ it.

BigFish
11-10-2003, 06:07 PM
I am headed up that way next week...guess I am going to have to hide a fishing rod and some plugs in the truck!!!:uhuh: It is supposed to be a getaway with FishChick and she might not want me doing any fishing...it is supposed to be a romantic, just the two of us and no fishing trip!!!:love: Oh well....she will get over it!!!:laugha:

beachwalker
11-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Is there a Nuke plant up there ?

Warm water will get them to stick around.

Told you the Fall fishing wasn't over ;)

The Dad Fisherman
11-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
I am headed up that way next week...guess I am going to have to hide a fishing rod and some plugs in the truck!!!:uhuh: It is supposed to be a getaway with FishChick and she might not want me doing any fishing...it is supposed to be a romantic, just the two of us and no fishing trip!!!:love: Oh well....she will get over it!!!:laugha:

What's more Romantic than a Double Hook-up. Rods bent in unison as the sun rises over the river. I get all verklempt just thinking about it

drumaps
11-12-2003, 08:45 AM
there's no nuke plant, that's 30 miles south and no industry on the river, just residential for the most part.