View Full Version : 1999 Edgewater 22-foot CC??

Jamie M
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Let me tell you, there is NOTHING that convinces me that I need a boat, more than standing helplessly on a beach, watching a striper boil that's just out of casting distance!! Happened to me a few times Sunday.

Anyway, I've come across another package that I wanted to get some feedback on. It's a 1999 Edgewater 22-foot center console, with a Yamaha 225 Saltwater Series II engine, and a dual-axle trailer (all 1999). Boat has a leaning post, some electronice, and no t-top. Asking price is $23,500. I've seen about 25 digital photos, and everything looks very clean.

The boat is owned by the guy who OWNS an Edgewater dealership, so I have to believe it was well cared for. But I don't know much about this hull. I think it was re-designed for 2000, so this is the OLDER hull design.

It's my understanding that Edgewater has a good rep as a solid upper-tier boat. Does anyone hear know anything about this model, or Edgewater in general? Seems like a very fair price.

Thanks,

Jamie

Clammer
11-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Thats one nice seaworthy ,rugged boat/////////////

missing link
11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
i was on a new 2003 edgewater 22fter it was nice... but the hull i think has changed since than. They are well built boats.

11-12-2003, 07:37 AM
If that is the 225CC model, it's a super nice boat and seems to be built very well, I looked over a new model a few years back and was very impressed with everything except the 60k price tag for it loaded.

I'm not sure if the 99 is the same hull but if it is, I think that is a nice price....

Rip Runner
11-12-2003, 07:50 AM
One thing to think about if you buy a 99 Edgwater 22, you won't be able to upgrade down the road to a 4 stroke 225. The 4 strokes were to heavy, they redesigned the hull in I believe 2002 to accomidate the extra weight of the 4 stroke. The 22 is a little wet, but then most 22 footer are, nothing a T-Top and enclosures won't solve. They are very well build boats and have heard little complaints about that model.

Check online to see what other 22 Edgewaters are selling for, then take off couple thousand for not having a T-Top. Good luck!