View Full Version : Had a ball this morning.

Got Stripers
04-29-2001, 06:24 PM
And it had nothing to do with the amount of stripers I caught, although I did manage about 8 quick ones at the first stop. My thanks to Juls & Bill for their hospitality and a great morning of sharing stories and spots. Hopefully Jenn has not fallen asleep on the way to her hotel room...lol.

Brought me back to my striper routes for a morning and for that I want to thank you all. Been fishing out of a boat for so long, it's been a long time since I put on a pair of waders to chase the stripes. I'm looking forward to a repeat, but not on the catch rate, in the coming weeks. Juls/Bill give me a call and let me know when we can do it again...looking forward to chasing those earlier season bass/blues with you.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]
Thanks again and tight lines.

Clammer
04-29-2001, 07:24 PM
Ditto for me Bill and JUl,great time , great day great people// NICE// I"ll go again anytime.thanks//-

Fishpart
04-30-2001, 05:55 AM
Had a GREAT time. I want to thank Juls and Bill as weel as John R for putting it together. I also want to thank everyone that was there, even though I didn't get to meet everyone, it wouldn't have been the same if I went to fish the same spots myself.

Slipknot
04-30-2001, 06:11 AM
I had fun also, thanks Juls and Bill. I learned of some new spots and got to fish with some great people. It was good to see some people I have met and good to meet a few new people. Even though it wasn't in my cards to get a bend in the rod yesterday at least some got fish in the cold water. A fellow member of MSBA , Barry, hooked-up to 2 doubles on his first 2 casts. That first small pod of stripers were waiting for us to serve them breakfast. Looking forward to doing it again someday.

JohnR
04-30-2001, 07:13 AM
I had a blast too! As usual, FW & Baitcaster were excellent hosts while leading a larger than usual mass (mess) of vehicles down the back roads of the Cape on a pretty stinkin' cold morning.

The first spot wound up the most productive of the journey and the only place most of us got fish. When one group split off for Poponesset and Scorton's, they got barely a handful in those two spots... If things had kicked open two weeks earlier we would have found many more fish along the way with warmer water temps. This week should inch those temps up...

And it was good to finally wet a line with Got Stripers so he can't say I've been avoiding him anymore, hehehe...

Squidmama had the biggest fish at around 26 inches. Granted, had she been using a darter, on the Cape in April - the fish would have been bigger... She was also responsible for the funniest situation when, after fishing all day, she and her other half, Rol The TreeHugger, determined that each had been wearing the other's waders all morning long...

Again, thanks FW & BC for a great trip!!!

Saltheart
04-30-2001, 07:24 AM
I had a great time too. Got to see some new spots and meet some new people. BC and FW did a great job as our hosts. thank you very much .

Fisherwoman
04-30-2001, 01:40 PM
Had a ball everybody, glad you could make it. Baicaster and I would have like to see more fish around also, maybe would have kept us a little warmer!!!!

After everybody took of for the day, BC and I were supposed to come home and work on the boat. But we ended up hitting another spot down there and putting in about 3 more hours of fishing, only to come up with 2 more fish. Needless to say, we stopped for dinner and got home around 9. Was totally fried and hurting big time!!! But I slept like a baby!!!

Hope it was a worth while trip for all of you, some of us got lucky with fish and some didn't but it was a great crew and was good to get everybody together, laugh and tell fish stories and hit some new spot. We will have to do this again!!!
Thanks to all those that could make it.

Jenn
04-30-2001, 06:58 PM
FW and BC.....thanks so much for a great day (and for puttin up with me!! Hee, Hee) I had a ton-o-fun! :) Didnt get a chance to go out today, I ran into problems >( and by the way I took your advice on the scallops!!! YUMMY THANK YOU!!

Jenn AKA "sphincter-caster" :O