View Full Version : Mike Da Lawyer

JohnR
03-24-2000, 09:06 PM
<b><font color="0000cc">
Funny thing setting up for the show today... Hanging up in Brad's booth was a sign that read--- Mike Da Lawyer, Internet Fishing Guru... Definitely worth seeing... Can't wait to harrass ya Mike!
</b>

Mike P aka "DJ"
03-27-2000, 05:42 PM
You should have looked at the other side of the display rack, John---the side that had the flyer with the following on it:

New York Residents, add 20% Pain in the A$$ Tax

Great show, John, probably the best I've ever attended. Congrats to the officers and members of MBSA, and all the vendoes and exhibitors that made it possible.

JohnR
03-27-2000, 09:48 PM
<i><font color="0000cc">
Hey Mike... yes the show was a strong success for the club, that was the good news. The bad news was that a couple of reels were stolen from one of the exhibitors, Hatteras Jack. One of the reels was a highly modified Mag Elite for competition casting. I saw the reel the day before and the owner was very excited to use it for tournaments. It's a real shame that some yahoo must pull a five finger discount and lift something. Just plain stupid. The scary thing is that while one reel was taken on Saturday during the show, the Mag was apparently lifted between when the gates were open Sunday for the vendors to setup and when the show officialy started. That leaves the vendors, show personel, security, or a few people that snuck in early... You hear or may even experience about some the lack of honesty out in the suds. Someone walks off with your plug bag while you are not looking. But he told me that this was pretty much a one of a kind modified reel... I hate to see it when a guy comes up all the way from the Carolinas for a weekend fishing show and something like this leaves a sour taste in his mouth. I hope he makes it next year, the guy had some awesome gear... Just gets me sort of tweaked...

But other than that piece of bad news, it was an excellent show. The club makes out from this as well as other events. Helps explain why yearly dues are only $30/year ($20 last year)...