View Full Version : Lets hear a good huntin story.

Goose
11-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Like fishin story's... I bet every hunter's got a few memorable ones. Since I love ta BS I'll go first:D

The first time I bowhunted was a huge learning experience I'll never forget.
I had done a landscape for a freind and when I was through he insisted that I take his bow for he had just bought a new one. I practiced with it and although it was on the heavy side it was dead on and quite. My buddy told me to come on by and pick up a quiver and broad heads, I get to his house all he gives me was one broad head. That wasn't gonna stop me, one shot one kill.:rolleyes:

I had a very hard time finding my tree in the dark. I didn't have pull rope to lift my bow so what did I use? Spiderwire, #50:smash: I climb the tree with the arrow in my mouth(no quiver) and what a B*cth it was lifting that heavy bow as the braid cut into my fingers.:hs: I remember being scared on that little platform. As my nerves kicked in I had to go wicked bad, aaall the way back to the truck I went. I get back in my tree and started doing a few deer bleats. Then I heard something walking in the leaves behind me. I remember thinkin, this is either a person or a deer. I look over my shoulder and this doe is 15 yrds away. She spots me and the stare down begins. I was shaking like a freakin leaf, buck fever big time. She's stomping her hoof trying to get me to move, I was gonna chit, again. Finaly she settles down and offers me a 20yrds broad side shot. Me not being used to being up that high thought she was at 30yrds. I put the 30 pin on her and watched the arrow fly over her back. Well, the freakin doe didn't do jack chit. She stood in the area for a long time. She went under my tree and licked my climbing pegs, she stood in the area what seemed like forever, at least 20 minutes, I was pissed with no other arrows.:hs: She finaly walked off about 75 yds into some cat tails. I climb down to look for my arrow and after a little bit I found it stuck in a pine, I climb back in the stand get my composure and do another call. Would you beleive she came back and stood broad side almost in the same spot where I had taken my first shot. I said to myself, your mine now. I drew back and put the 20 yrd pin on her and let it fly. The freakin arrow went right under her:hs: she had enough and high tailed it out there.:( My hunt was over. I took that arrow to the archery shop, shot it and it did the same thing....it dropped. When the arrow had been pulled outa the tree it got bent and a bent arrow will drop. What ever ya do.... don't hunt with one arrow:smash:

Fly Rod
11-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Started hunting rabbits and deer about 1962. My most memberal deer hunt till this day was in 1969 my first year hunting in the State of Maine in a little township east of Old Town called Cardville.
Back in those days it was legal to put on deer drives. Six of us started at daylight. my freind and I were picked to go on stand and wait for the other fellas to come by. While walking to our spots my friend took the first stand and I had to go another hundred yards or so. While walkng to my spot I saw a tail go up in the air about 60 yds away and as I looked I saw a part of a deer and fired one shot didn't see the deer run off or hear it. Walked in the direction of where I last seen the deer. As I got closer I could see two deer laying together the ground was all torn up. In my mind I start thinking two deer with one shot. Went running back to my buddy on stand and told him Igot two deer with one shot . He thought I was nuts. We went to the deer and to our surprise they were LOCKED ANTLERS I had shot the seven pointer and the twelve pointer was already dead. The bigger buck had a hole in it's stomach. Don't know it was caused from the antler of the other deer or waqs ponched by another hunter.

mikecc
11-20-2003, 10:37 AM
About 5 years ago while bow hunting I saw 3 Bucks battling 60 yds from the stand. Was not able to get any shots.
But sure was cool