View Full Version : I was thinking...

Nebe
11-21-2003, 03:54 PM
I was thinking about Korkers today and got to thinking how much I like my felt bottomed shoes, and this idea came into my head.. take the studs off my korkers, cut out the profile of the bottom of the korkers out of a big brillo pad, and then re-bolt the studs through the brillo, thus giving me a super macho studded felt bottom..
I'm planning on buying a pair of studded felt wading shoes anyway, but I figured this would be a neat trick.

what do you guys think?? Do you think it would be worth it? would the brillo hold up?

Krispy
11-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Brillo rusts pretty quickly

blackeye
11-21-2003, 04:55 PM
check out the field test section of December's OTW, korkers wading boots with interchangable soles-very sexy
try not to think too much, it can get you into trouble:D

RIJIMMY
11-21-2003, 04:58 PM
maybe you can use that green wiry stuff instead of brillo. It plastic of something.

I have to get something, Im tired of falling on my a$$.

Krispy
11-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Oops, I was thinking steel wool. Not sure adding "felt" would do anything under the korkers, but nothing wrong with trying

bloocrab
11-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Eben....

I posted this a bunch of times now...

STUDDED FELT SOLES ....RULE!!!

I've turned a bunch of fishermen onto them, and they SWEAR by em'. I've never heard any complaints, and as much as I've tried to think of any possible flaws.......??? ....I can't. If you lose a spike, you'll lose twice as many with the sandal (even though I've never lost a spike), no straps or buckles to worry about, no added weight, not clumsy like the sandal, the grip while walking is more secure too...because you have more of your foot against the surface of the rock....just try em'

You'll never go back to Korker sandals.

BasicPatrick
11-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Bloo...suggested Brands???

loadnet
11-21-2003, 08:04 PM
I always bring 2 chics with me.
One carries my beer, and the other my cheesburgers and grille, so I just hold on to them so I don't fall off the rocks.

what'sA mattA wit U guyS?
get your thinking caps on straight!

I'm going fishing twice starting tomorrow morning before light in so county..

hope everyone scores a monster wall mount!

Joe
11-21-2003, 09:10 PM
I've had about six pairs of these things waiting to put online and now that I've almost stopped fishing, I have time...
They work well for many situations, but you have to know the areas you are going to wade. They don't work on bubble weed but they are good on that thin black slime we see so much of in Rhody.
http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/StoreImages/studded_felts15.JPG

Korker Products (http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/Gladiator_Korkers_Page.htm)

RIJIMMY
11-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Joooooeee, you stopped fishin !
:err:

Joe
11-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Almost....I'll be out there a few more times, but it's been slow...
I know there will be another push or two...but I've gots lots of work to do....

alr
11-21-2003, 10:28 PM
In this months Field & Stream there is a piece about Korkers wading boot.It seems you can get the boot w/ various interchangeable bottoms.

Larry Storch
11-21-2003, 10:33 PM
I was thinking about those too

piemma
11-22-2003, 11:30 AM
I fish the rocks a lot (over 90 nights this year) and prefer the old style korker sandles with one modification. I use wire ties and duct tape to keep them on. I probably need to retape 3 or 4 times a season. I don't trust the laces alone. I also replace any worn down studs. You can buy a bag of 60 replacement studs from www.korkers.com for 18.99. Just punch out the worn ones and bang in the replacements.
I am sure the felt and stud soles are great. I just wear them out too quickly.