View Full Version : A_ROD

argh
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Guess we have all heard the reports that A-rod is maybe headed to boston. Would any body care if Nohit, I mean Nomar has to leave if we get A rod. Love to see george and all the yankmee fans if this happens.:happy: :happy: :happy:

BigFish
11-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Not being a fan of Nomar to begin with.....HECK!!!! I would throw him in any deal just to be rid of him!!!! Love to see a different malcontent player in a Sox uniform!!!! By that I mean that all of these high priced players in the game today are not worth their weight in cow manure as far as I am concerned. But, anyway, if we gotta pay the dough....then Nomar gotta go!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Slipknot
11-22-2003, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't mind if it were just Nomar for A Rod.

I'd rather see us get Petitt

JohnR
11-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Manny is the one you need to move. Arod @ 25mil is not better than Nomar @ 14 or so. If it takes Arod to get rid of Manny it might be worth it

BigFish
11-22-2003, 10:33 PM
I agree JohnR, but ya gotta get rid of both of them, they are both a couple of malcontents! Nothing is good enough for them!

fishsmith
11-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Nomar was bad during the playoffs, I don't think he bagged it in, I think he went into a slump at the worst time. He runs out everyplay, and at the end of each season he thanks the Red Sox fans. To compare him and Manny doesn't work.
I'd rather see the $$ go to Pettit.

BigFish
11-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Nomar was not in a slump in my opinion in the playoffs....if you ever watched the blank stare on his face, it seemed to me that he just had other things on his mind, half the time he looked like he just did not want to be there!!!!:smash: :o :smash:

JohnR
11-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Combo slump and getting married. I think we've been so spoiled with Nomar and how really good he really is that people in general couldn't handle him being off. People forget how he has sometimes single handedly carried this team. Remember, he has a career batting average of 323. 323 can lead the league in a tough year and thats his career average. Not bad. Also consider he lead team in runs and RBI this year and had the lowest strike out average of the guys that got 600 or so hits.

ARod was .298 with 118 RBIs. for more than TWICE the money. Is 13 RBIs worth 13 million? No Friekin Way. Nomar is still one of the top 3 SS in the game and he had a lousy slump. If you need to cough up Nomar for Arod then its only to get rid of Manny. An overpaid Manny on the same team as Nomar and a quality 12mil pitcher is a better team than just Arod

Goose
11-23-2003, 03:05 PM
I don't know about the rest of U's... but i still got a bad taste in my mouth watchin Nomar pop-up, pop-up and pop-up some more. I think he had one post season game where he went 3 for 4. I agree he puts up nice #'s but think his long slup got them thinkin. Same thing with Manny>>>>.... to much$$$$$ + no hitting post season = balance your check book.:D

argh
11-24-2003, 06:14 PM
If , and this is a big if. If I remember right, Nohit was drafted for his defense. When he came in and hit his butt off, we all forgot about Val at short. Nobody really cared about the errors because he hit so good even Teddy thought he was the next coming of..... of ... oh hell I don't know... somebody GREAT! Well great doesn't take off all of september and all but one game in the playoffs. And he's a home wrecker to boot, Mia was married when they met! Bottom line, he may not want to return to boston next year. GET RID OF HIM, he also led american league ss in errors this year. A-Rod is the real deal, AND WANTS to come to boston.Bet he would have cut his hair and cowboyed up!

Goose
11-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by argh
Bet he would have cut his hair and cowboyed up!

NO CHIT !!!