View Full Version : Question for the board?????????

Fisherwoman
11-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Baitcaster would like to know if anybody has any information or any good idea's on cooler racks for the front of your truck. Would be greatly appreciated.

BasicPatrick
11-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Monahan's in Weymouth had a few in stock and can order a few different ones.

Rack Smith in Norwood has a few on their floor and can order over a dozen

Goose Hummock has a line also

Karl F
11-23-2003, 09:09 PM
http://www.friscorodgun.com/aap/

http://www.alpacamania.com/alexsbait/html/page9.html

Or, if you have a good local welder, he can custum make one for your rig.
Have to keep the steel painted, so, the aluminum, might be the way to go, also it is a lot lighter.
I have steel racks front and rear on my motorhome, paint them once a year, but they were a deal, and that's what made my decision!

Fisherwoman
11-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

KarlF, My dad and brothers are all welders, but wanted to get some different sites and print some different pictures to give them some idea's on how to make one!!!

fishweewee
11-24-2003, 07:26 PM
For the budget minded...

Some of the custom work I saw out there cost upwards of $500-$700. I couldn't really justify that, especially as I would have had to jury rig a receiver hitch on the front of my sled (it doesn't come standard and there are no aftermarket providers) on top of the cooler rack cost.

So, I got a cheapie Cabelas rack (fits standard 2" receiver) for something like $150 and then fastened some 2" pvc pipe as rod holders (using stainless hose clamps from Home Depot). All for under $200 (including locking hitch pin and lock). It's pretty ugly to look at, but it works.

I can fit a 186 quart cooler in it and as many rods as I want to (I think I have seven holders set up).

If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely opt for the all-aluminum models that hold up to 500 lbs for a little more $$$.

Jenn
11-24-2003, 07:28 PM
FW...try www.rodrack.com and go to anglers aluminum