View Full Version : Weekend Plans???

JohnR
05-04-2001, 11:22 AM
Whatcha doin??

I'm going to catch me a keepah sometime between 6pm tonight and 11pm Monday night, my wife and son permitting... Weve got a Full moon Monday so I GOTS to line some buckies somewhere ;D ...
Yard work, order fencing, web work...

Saltheart & Smokey ?? Was this an invite for me ;P :
Smokey (05-03-2001 19:45):
John saltheart and I are going to give it a try friday night at point jewdith with live herring hopin to hook one of the first cows.

Fishpart
05-04-2001, 12:09 PM
More Yard Work. :( Trip to Mystic Aquarium for a birthday party. Don't think I'll get any Striper fishing in. :( I'll probably try the upper bay for soem rats some morning next week.

Saltheart
05-04-2001, 12:53 PM
You are welcome to jon us John. Exact timing all depends on Smokey getting out of work but we will be heading down toningt. Plan is to get the license at Quaker Lane , then the buckies , then go right down the hill to NR , then if no luck , over to GIB and or the Channel in Gallilee. We'll be in Smokeys Pickup not my blazer. His pickup has a big wooden wrack in the back.

Rest of weekend I'll be made to work like a beast of burden. I must clean out the truck for the wedding May 18. I must get a new shirt for the wedding , I must get a soundcard for mom , I must switch her from AOL to ATT , I must try not to go crazy with two women telling me what to do all weekend! :)

Got Stripers
05-04-2001, 01:22 PM
Planning a repeat of this past Sunday's mystery trip, with one very important difference; tomorrow should be better for catching after a week of hot weather. Trying to talk friend Pete into joining me, after a brief stop at Mike's (hold on to a size 12 neoprene :) Mike) for a set of waders for him.

Probably make the same run of spots, starting at shell point around mid-day based on the tides and work my way east and then home. Maybe hit a smallie spot just for fun around sunset, then battle the bridge traffic. Hopefully it won't be bad coming off cape in the early evening.

Hope everyone's getting out and catching finally, tight lines.
[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]

JohnR
05-04-2001, 02:28 PM
Saltheart,

I'm very interested. Give me a call on the cell# and holler if you don't have it. I need to get permission from my wife first though... And a license :)

Topwater
05-04-2001, 02:32 PM
Playing softball tonight for work and then maybe a few casts at Black's Creek on the way home. Saturday morning we are moving furniture at my parents house at 7:30 am. Off to Maine for the father-in-laws suprise birthday party right after that. Spend the night in a nice B&B with out the inlaws. Hit Kittery Trading Post on the way home around noon. Hopefully a few casts around dusk in the neighhood.

Next weekend I have to move more furniture, but this time its going to the Cape. You can bet the waders, surf bag and the rods will make it into the back of the U-Haul. Could make parking a little tough at some of the spots. I will get my first fish this weekend!!!!

Topwater and The Bride

schoolie monster
05-04-2001, 02:36 PM
May bump into ya, Got Stripers... planning on hitting Onset in the morning and fishing there for a bit. May hit a couple of the other spots.

Though I'll probably be there a bit earlier. Tide should start dropping around 8am, so I'll be there shortly after that.

Hope to see some of you all out there... tight lines.

Got Stripers
05-04-2001, 04:14 PM
OK SM, I'm confused. Aren't the tides an hour later than Boston down there? Spoke with Juls this morning and she put the Onset high at around 11:15, based on the 10:14 Boston Harbor high tide. I figure there won't be much outgoing until noon, which is why I'm going to sleep in and grab breakfast on the way down to Mike's.

Pop me an email and give me your cell phone number and I will send you mine in return. Be nice to know if we are close or if either of us are on fish or not. Thanks and tight lines.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]

Slipknot
05-04-2001, 09:29 PM
S.M. is right G.S. high tide at Wings Neck is 6:55 A.M. so that bay area should start to drop around 8 - 8:30 A.M.

Newport tides are ahead of Boston.

Patrick
05-04-2001, 10:27 PM
Rigging up the bike so I can do some night fishing. I'm basically looking for a way to secure my waders, rod, plug bag and mini-bag on my wading belt for a short trips. Just don't know how I'll do it yet or what I'll do with my shoes once I get down there.

Fishpart, don't feel too bad about going to Mystic, at least you are guaranteed to see some fish.