View Full Version : Napster

Patrick
11-27-2000, 12:51 AM
How do all of you feel about Napster? I use it but I don't think it is necessarily right. I want artists to get paid but I'm sick of paying 15 bucks for a CD that I like 3 songs off of.

I would like to see artists selling tracks rather than albums. Here is my idea.
You go into a record store, pick the songs you like, have them burned on a CD, and pay your charges.
This is how I think they should price tracks. An artist sends the CD to the music store. Say you have 15 tracks and the CD costs 15 dollars. Each track should cost 1 dollar and so on and so forth. The artists get their money, the fans get what they want.

Also, this would entice artists to branch out into new areas of music. More people would be enticed to hear their music. The more good tracks they make, the more money the artists make.

Then at the end of the month, music stores send in their ballots. This gives the artist an idea of what the people liked and what they disliked.

Now this all sounds expensive right? Well only the major music stores would do this, this gives them more business because the customers are happier.

That's my idea..... ta da...
Patrick