View Full Version : Sad News!!!

Fisherwoman
11-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Hi All, well made it safely home to PA yesterday. But got a phone call from BC this Morning and he is in the hospital. He was having some trouble breathing and some pain the other day at work and it turns out that he had a mild heart attack. He is doing fine but they are monitoring him overnight and are going to run a bunch of tests on him tomorrow, so hopefully everything will work out fine. Please say a prayer for him, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving, I didn't want to be a downer but I know alot of you would want to know.

I will let ya know how it goes for him tomorrow and keep you updated as things go along.

fishweewee
11-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Yikes! I'll say a prayer...

CAL
11-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Hope he's gonna be OK.

nor-easter
11-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Our Prayers are going out for both of you in this time of additional stress.
Keep the Board updated on his progress.

JohnR
11-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Damn! I'm glad he should be OK! I was just sitting with him last night at the meeting too. He'll be fine...

Let me know if you need anything Juls

Saltheart
11-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery. Get well BC. You should be fine in time for next season! :)

Clammer
11-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Juls, are P & T are with you both //////////////////

BigFish
11-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow Jules...not what I wanted to hear! Wish the Big Guy a speedy recovery, Fishchick and I are thinking of you guys. Let us know if you need anything at all. Talk to you later Jules.;)

bud8fan
11-28-2003, 12:45 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both Jule's

Get well BC!!!

Squid kids Dad
11-28-2003, 01:48 AM
yikes....Swimmer & I were sitting with him last night..He mentioned that he might have had a mild one....Geez...Like I told him take care and if anything we can do please call..Jules please let me know whats going on..Thanks...Prayers and thoughts are with you & B.C...

STEVE IN MASS
11-28-2003, 07:12 AM
My thoughts and well wishes are with him. Am sure he is in good care now, and they will do everything they need to make him in tip top shape again.

Fishpart
11-28-2003, 07:17 AM
He is in our prayers.

BEETLE
11-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'll call him when I know he's home (and i'm not at work) . I'll see if he needs anything.

Slipknot
11-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Prayers and well wishes on the way. Sorry to hear this FW.:( I'm sure he'll pull through fine.

Newboater
11-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Had a heart attack at work on a Friday in April 98, came back in on Monday and that evening had another one.

In June 98 went in and had a quadruple by-pass and been having a ball ever since.

Praying for a speedy assessment and if needed, an overhaul of the mechanics.

Need any hints, give me a PM

The Ole Sarge

piemma
11-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Had quad bypass on May 28 after 2 heart attacks and 4 stent implants. I have never felt better than I do now. I have fished non-stop since mid July so if they need to slice and dice...have it done. It's like a new lease on life.

bloocrab
11-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Good Luck BC - :)

Got Stripers
11-28-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm pulling for you Bill, hope you get out soon and have a speedy recovery. I hope your visit with the folks goes well Juls, I know it's going to be very difficult you being there and Bill in a Hospital bed. I know you will be in the thoughts of many today, hang tough.

fishsmith
11-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Get well soon, cod is good for the heart, so fisherwoman has some work to do when she gets back.

BigFish
11-28-2003, 09:56 AM
GotStripers, Jules went to PA on Wed. morning but came home Thurs. morning when Bill called her with his problem. Jules is bedside with Bill. I am sure he will be fine with proper care.:uhuh:

milo
11-28-2003, 10:02 AM
our prayers are with you BC...GET WELL SOON

Jenn
11-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Bruce and I wish Bill a speedy recovery. Hang in there girl! the only thing that matters right now is being w/ him! everything else can wait!

HESH2
11-28-2003, 10:17 AM
WISH BILL SPEEDY RECOVERY,HANG IN THERE JULES OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

Notaro
11-28-2003, 12:53 PM
damn, my prayers and thoughts go to BC. i hope that he recovers soon.

RickBomba
11-28-2003, 01:18 PM
Bomba brothers send their prayers

Van
11-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Juls, Bad news, but good that he went right to the hospital.
Not something to ignore.

Wish him (and you) the best and hope for a speedy recovery.
We talked quite a while at the meeting, and he sure seemed fine.

Anything you need let me know, you have my cell.
My thoughts are with him.....

Christian
11-28-2003, 01:34 PM
praying for you, get well soon.

Fisherwoman
11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
:) Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I am still in PA and not home yet. I talked to Bill today and they are going to keep him in the hospital till at least Sunday. They haven;t run any tests on him yet as they are trying to get his enzymes to stabilize with medication. So we are going to wait and see what they are going to do. He sounds good and is in pretty good spirits except for the #^&#^&#^&#^&ty hospital food!!!!

He wants me to hold off traveling home until we see what they are going to do and now we are getting a snow storm tonight and tomorrow here so travel will be tough, but it is awefully hard to be away from the love of my life at a time like this. But like the doctor told him today. They may not do anything right now but just monitor him and then send him home to rest a bit and then go from there.

I guess he had this chest pain and breathing problem happen a month ago and then the other day and work. But he didn't tell me that this had happened before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I will keep you informed please keep praying for him, we both really appreciate the good thoughts.

Squid kids Dad
11-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Ut oh...I hope I didnt betray BC.s confidnce because of previous post..I thought you new F.W. :smash:
F.W...Could you PM the name of the hospital..I have your cell # but dont want to bother you with a call,,,Thanks

Swede
11-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Jules, Hope you and BC are doing ok. My prayers are with you!

Moose Nuckle
11-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey Jules,
My prayers are with you guys. I hope all turns out well. I had the smae thing a few years ago. He has to listen to the DOCTOR when it comes time to change a few things. Again, My prayers are with you guys. Good Luck...........Moose

BigFish
11-28-2003, 06:14 PM
The doctor is probably going to want BC to take it easy, probably do alot more fishing and things like that!:laugha: Get better Bill, we got alot of fishing to do next season so rest up!

Moose Nuckle
11-28-2003, 06:20 PM
I would have to agree with you BIG FISH. I would think that six to eight hours fishing a day would solve the problem. I think it would lower the blood pressure.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :D :D

Swimmer
11-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Jul's email me privately to let me know where he is. Me, John and Mike spent Wednesday night with him and he seemed fine to me. I think his heart aches because your away.

:gu:

Slingah
11-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to both of you .

chris L
11-29-2003, 08:15 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Bill and you Juls . Today they can do wonders that they couldnt do years ago . he'll be out fishing before you know it .

safe travels home Juls

Goose
11-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Take it slow & easy, get well:)

Jenn
11-30-2003, 10:48 PM
any updates???:( :confused: :confused: :confused:

BigFish
12-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah...how is Baitcaster doin'????:confused:

Moose Nuckle
12-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Very Good Question !!:huh: :huh:

BEETLE
12-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Went and saw BC Sat. PM. He is doing just fine. The Docs are doing their testings and whatnot to determine what's up and then go to the next step - fixin the problem.
Of course, anyone who has experienced hospital stays can understand nothing happens fast, so their he lays, waiting for everything to get done.
He is doing very well, and finds the food "not bad".
He should be "tuned up" and out soon.
On BC's insistance, FW has stayed in PA with her parents.

Fisherwoman
12-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Just got off the phone with Bill's dad. Bill is now at Boston medical center, they sent him there today after the dye scan this morning to do a heart catherization and put in a stent. he had quite a but of blockage but he did well during the procedure, so if he lays still tonight and everything goes OK, he will be out of the hopsital tomorrow after 12. He is going to stay at his mom and dads for a couple of days. I haven't talked to him all day today so I am kinda going nutts right now that I can;t talk to him. But his dad was with him and he is doing good. Just wanted to let everybody know whats up!!!

One more thing Bambi #1 went down at 4:20 pm this evening!!!!
no horns yet!!!

Clammer
12-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Great news =Julie:D

BigFish
12-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Great news about Bill Jules, glad he is doing well! Congrats on your deer.:kewl:

Van
12-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Good news from both of you.

Keep us posted.....:)

RIROCKHOUND
12-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Best of Luck BC, picked a hell of a time to get ill, after fishing season, good timing I guess!
'hound

Bazza
12-01-2003, 10:32 PM
BC , wishing you a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you. They can do amazing things these days, you'll be back up and going in no time

Moose Nuckle
12-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey Jules,
Great news !! We should drop off some teasers for him to tie up while he is in there.

JohnR
12-02-2003, 12:40 AM
Good news Jules! Great!

BasicPatrick
12-02-2003, 01:10 AM
I spent an hour with BC on sunday at the Hospital and he was in very good spirits hoping for the results he got today. He looked really good and was greatful for all the well wishes.

He can't wait for the sand clogged up the gears jokes to start.

I hope to speak with him on Tuesday again.

chris L
12-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Great news !

As long as he takes the pills to coat the stents he should not have a problem in that spot again . Time for a no saturated fat diet and take the various beta blockers the docs give em . He will be out plying that sand again come spring and many more springs in the future . very short recovery time compared to the zipper for most .

Good Luck Bill !!!!!!

Saltheart
12-02-2003, 09:30 AM
You'll be fine now BC. Every fisherman should have a stent or two to keep things going , right Chris??? :) I think its the early morning Dunkin Donuts that gets the fisherman!! :)

Topwater
12-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I just spoke to Bill for the last 1/2 hour, and he is in good spirits. He is hoping to be out around noon today and then a week or so off of work to recouperate. The stint procedure went well, but he said it was a b**ch when they took the tubes out. He also said the phone has been ringing off the hook with calls from people wishing him well.

He had just gotten off the phone with Juls who was in her tree stand in the heartlands of Pa. with her mother. (Cell phones are great.) Go get them Juls.

Topwater

chris L
12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
yep your right Saltheart . its like a well oiled machine , a highway that allows no traffic jams , no parking signs in the tunnel , a damless river , a pants leg with out a fold . in one word , smoooooooth .

JohnR
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Its not the sand clogging up the gears but the fumes of plastic from the 47 THOUDSAND fishing lures in the house!

Get back soon BUBBA!

Mr. Kav
12-02-2003, 11:46 AM
i hope all is going well, best of luck

Notaro
12-02-2003, 12:05 PM
That's good to hear, Juls. BC, you take it easy on yourself, arlgith? Bami? You shot a small deer?:confused:

Jenn
12-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Good news jules! congrats on the deer.
my father had the same procedure done in the summer and that SAME DAY he said he felt like a new man.....he couldnt FEEL his heart working (or rather straining) anymore. fact is this could have been a blessing in disguise when you think about it. give him our best!

Casper
12-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Hi BC / Jules: just logon, been quit a while, saw the news and read thru everything. Sorry to hear about the blockage. Hope everything is ok now. This seems to be a common occurance now a days. A least you timed it just right, what with the cold weather coming. I am sure that you will be back into the hookups come warm weather. My prayers to a great couple.

Bobbike
12-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Hi Bill and Jules, all my well wishes and prayes to U both...If you need ANYTHING Just give a call
Love you guys
Bob B.