View Full Version : Cape report from today!!!

Fisherwoman
05-06-2001, 09:17 PM
Hit the usual spots this AM, got about 30 fish today, not much size to any of them today, but at least we hooked up, got everybody into a few. Tough wind and was very cool. Dropped the water temp. at Onset quite a bit. Glad to hear some of the keepers are moving in. But things are still behind, we need another heat wave and some SW wind to get things really rolling. Heard of Bluefish being caught at Oregon, Cotuit, Poppy and MV, but never made it down there today. Hopefully some time this week!!! Hope everbody is getting at least into a few fish here and there. It will only get better.

JohnR
05-07-2001, 07:40 AM
Sounds good FW - thanks for the update. Blues on the South Cape - pure fun fishing wading for La Machines....

Question to self, Cape bound for Blues? Or swim buckys for bass??

Canalratt1
05-07-2001, 08:05 AM
The ditch broke open this weekend with quite a few smaller sized keepers caught on herring (live, dead and chunks). Alot of anglers fishing the shore I went on my buddys boat but the wind and current killed our drift so we switched to bottom fishing for togs. Ended up with a mess of togs and scup, one sea bass and two flounder boy we they tasty! Saw birds working bait at Cleveland Ledge and was told bluefish were being caught by two reliable sources. Looks like everything is happening at once.

Swimmer
05-07-2001, 10:46 AM
Jules,
I'm going to hit Cotuit at sunrise Tuesday. Do you and Bill want to go or what.

Frank

Fisherwoman
05-07-2001, 10:52 AM
Hey Swimmer, Biatcaster will be working, have to get alot done this week as we are on the cape all next week. I think I am going down to the cape this evening for a little bluefish action. What are you doing tonight? The tides will be alittle off for fishing for bass there in the AM, look at your tide chart, you will be running out of water fast in the AM at 1st light, that does not mean it won't be productive as I think it will be very productive at the bottom end of the tide there.