View Full Version : Livewell Questions?

rwilhelm
12-01-2003, 10:36 AM
How big does a livewell have to be for herring? Also I do not have a truck will anything fit in my trunk that will work?

Nebe
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Blackeye and myself had the opertunity to meet a guy who had a livewell in the trunk of his volvo. If I remember right he told us he got it all from EBAY.

what matters with a livewell is how often you change the water, and how much air your pumping through it in relation to how many creatures you have in there. If you can poke a hole in the bottom of your trunk and bring a tube out of the well, it will make it really easy to do frequent tank cleanings.

I dont have one, but I'm sure someone else here can help you more with dimensions, pumps, etc.

eben

fishweewee
12-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Give MikeCC a holler:

http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cct01&Product_Code=BTMSC-KA301100&Category_Code=08_00_MISC+MISC

jettyjockey18
12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
i used to keep an 18 gallon round livewell in the trunk of my monte carlo... worked fine for 1 to 2 dozen herring for short duration (couple of hours transport time)...

add a keep alive pump or adapter to a rule pump and you'll be in good shape...

BigBo
12-01-2003, 01:53 PM
I've still got a free tub with lid that I listed in the classified forum that nobody's grabbed yet. It's about a 30 gallon tub and would come close to fitting in a trunk depending on what you're driving. It's a real nice rugged walled tub. Not a flimsy piece of crap. But, if nobody grabs it by this weekend, it's going to the dump.
Perfect size for a herring livewell.

rwilhelm
12-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Thanks Guys I am going to look into this.

Bigbo thanks for the offer but I think that would be too big for me.

Mr. Sandman
12-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Speaking of keeping alive herring...How long can you expect to keep them alive in a large dockside cage? Has anyone kept them alive all summer and fished with them in the fall?

macojoe
12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Bigbo call me on that tank!!

Striperhound
12-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Guys,

I have a 30 Gallon Keep Alive Infusior tank for sale in the classifieds section that I purchase from M&D's if anyone is interested.

Thanks Warren