View Full Version : Grundens

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
My grundens just came in, Herkules size XLarge---to use on party boats

These are really baggy!! Are they supposed to be like this?
I dont kno if I got a size too big, im 5'6 190#, I had to adjust the straps so theres like a foot long peice hanging down extra.....
should I send them back and ask for the Large size?

Saltheart
12-01-2003, 04:57 PM
I would have thought you'd be a Med or Large. Are the pants legs and shirt sleeves too long in XLarge?

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 05:01 PM
the legs arent too long, they are right on the ground, but dont drag. its a little bulky.....there arent any arms tho:confused: if u mean on a regular shirt, I wear XL.....
however right in the middle of my chest on these grundens there is a crease, right between the two suspenders....it is sticking outwards and no matter how much I push it back in it just keeps going back out.....too big, huh?

Saltheart
12-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Ok so you got the bibs. I guess if the legs aren't too long , they are OK. I'd go by the legs to choose the size. you don't want the legs too short. they are usually worn with boots and should end above the boot. thet shouldn't be long and "break" on the shoe like dress pants.

Surely Bassey
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I would order the next size down and return the pair that didn't fit as well. They are $$$ and you'll be in them for a while so you may as well know for sure and be happy... :)

macojoe
12-01-2003, 05:55 PM
They run real big!!! I am a big guy 300 + #'s and I ordered 2XL and Big! But at least i can move around in them.
I also ordered a 3XL jacket as i were 3XL shirts and I can were 3 shirts and a jacket under the Jacket!!
I should have sent the jacket back for a smaller one but O... Well

I would say they are 1 to 2 sizes larger then regular cloths

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 06:00 PM
right now, im wearing them and everything seems to fit fine, I adjusted the straps, even though theres like a foot hanging extra, the legs are not hitting the ground, about a 1/2inch up from the ground.... my only problem is that crease between the two suspender clips.....is that normal?its right in my heart area, im guessing thats the way the plastic coating is.....is this OK? other than that they seem to be fitting fine....plus im only wearing a Tshirt so when I put on a fleece and raincoat itll probably fit better....
thanks for all the help so far!!:D

missing link
12-01-2003, 06:13 PM
heres mine....

macojoe
12-01-2003, 06:23 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about?? are they just bent because they were folded that way?? They may flatten out. You can see my heart side in the pic above and I have no problems.

Scotch Bonnet
12-01-2003, 06:31 PM
They are cut big for commercial use. So you can have layers of clothing and still have freedom of movement. Send them back and get the medium or large, you'll be glad you did.

Please post a pic of you wearing your bibs and typing on the computer! :laughs:

tlapinski
12-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by missing link
heres mine....

what the hell!?!?!?! :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

vic, keep them big if they don't feel like they are in the way. you will want to be able to layer under them in the cold, and let air pass through when it is warm.

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 07:00 PM
lol sb:laughs:

maybe that crease will flatten out with time
going on a cod charter on the Relentless sunday, hopefully the weather will give me a break this time! want to have them for then so I think im gonna keep them - there not uncomfortable at all, just a little baggy....alot more comfortable after i put my fleece and jacket on, its more fitting

bloocrab
12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Who did you guys order them through?

I had ordered mine thru "S--------R" magazine.. but have since misplaced my copy. I tried to reorder a catalog through their web-site but I've been waiting over 3 weeks now. I need a couple of jackets as Christmas gifts....

..one of them will be XXXL.

Help?

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 08:01 PM
bloo,
www.anglerscenter.com

Scotch Bonnet
12-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Wilcox Supply in Point Judith has all the Grudens stuff in stock and you can try them on before you buy(and support a local company). All the stuff they sell(boots, belts, etc) is quality and proven on commercial boats - no junk. Cool store to poke around in.

fishweewee
12-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Vic,

When it comes to fishing apparel...

Try stuff on first before buying.

That goes DOUBLE if you're looking into getting Aquaskinz.

-WW

InshoreAngler
12-01-2003, 09:10 PM
FWW, as for the aquaskinz, already got em, lol....one of the things i got after selling boat....

I made a mistake by not trying these Grundens on and buying them online, but they seem to fit OK...

bloocrab
12-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Vic...that site doesn't have the model I'm looking for. . . .but thanks anyway.

piemma
12-02-2003, 06:07 AM
You guys ever try the Bronco neoprene jackets. 3 of us bought them and they are great once the air temp is in the 40's. too warm for Summer but great and waterproof all Fall.

fishweewee
12-02-2003, 08:08 AM
Bronco jackets are great for cold weather boat fishing and beach fishing that doesn't require wet wading.

If you're gonna take waves and a dunking in really cold weather, the Aquaskinz Hurricane is the better option (it's sealed).

rwilhelm
12-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Scotch where is Wilcox Supply I would like to check that out?

rwilhelm
12-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Bloo try this site they have a lot of Grundens stuff and the prices seemed good.

http://www.go2marine.com/nt

piemma
12-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Wilcox Supply is right in Galilee almost next to the BI Ferry. When you come to the end of the Escape Road in Galilee, Wilcox will be almost in front of you. Brown building

JohnR
12-02-2003, 11:46 AM
piemma - I'll second the aquaskinz hurricane, granted I look like a lost gray seal in the thing but it kicks ass. I was out on some cold October / November nights including that real cold 20 night with a 15 wind and with a coulple fleeces and the skull cap I was nice & toasty. Go down the ledge to pull out a fish and the surf breaking doesn't go up your arms and down the neck like all of the other gear. Keep waiting for the deluge of cold water but it never happens... Will get the lightweight version too next spring :D

piemma
12-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys. I fish with a guy who wears an Aquaskinz and he swears by it. I will have one next year

InshoreAngler
12-02-2003, 09:35 PM
what do u guys think of the Aquaskinz evolution, you can wear it alone in the spring so it's comfortable and use it in the late fall/early spring with a sweatshirt and fleece, same as the hurricane right?