View Full Version : Getting Bored Yet?

BigFish
12-06-2003, 03:55 PM
There is only so much you can do inside before you start to get cabin fever! I have been Christmas decorating, cleaning, made hot chocolate for my little guys when they came in from the snow, watched the usual array of man shows...you know, fishing, hunting, truck and hot rod shows.....watched Shane, ate lunch, threw out a bunch of magazines that I was done with! I do alot of reading and the magazines really pile up quick!:read: Have not done any shoveling though.....not yet....my kids did a little on the walkway but we have the driveway plowed by the landlord which is nice!:uhuh: Gonna play Monopoly with my boys next, I so enjoy fleecing them of all of their cash and property...thus crushing them like bugs!:laugha: :hihi: Hey...what am I gonna do....let em' win? Then how would they learn anything? They are getting good though! The old man is teaching them the ins and outs of a capitalistic system, most important lesson......try to own Boardwalk and Park Place with Hotels$$$$$$$$$$$$! How are you all weathering the storm?:sleeps:

Van
12-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Wrote an article for the spray, dropped my daughter off at work, went to home depot for 1 item (ended up spending over 60 bucks for a bunch of stuff), went to CVS for the misses.
Just got back home,,,,BORED ?????
You got to be kidding......:rolleyes:

cocoflea
12-06-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm not getting bored yet, but as soon as the holiday season is over the cabin fever will set in and I'll start losing my mind.

MrsSFrances
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
not bored yet, it FINALLY stopped snowing..one daughter is running a fever, Steve took her to the Hospital...Im pacing the floor...:(

Slingah
12-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Not yet.....we will see tomm.:D

BigFish
12-06-2003, 05:28 PM
An hour and a half and I stomped the boys flat as I "MONOPOLIZED" them!:bounce: Systematically and surgically removing all self esteem and hope for a bright future....gone, all gone...ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!:doh: Oooppsss....sorry I...lost my mind for a moment!:jump1: That is what happens when I am all penned up for the day.....wait till' February!:biglaugh: Oh well, gotta go find something else to occupy my time!!!! Later!:wave:

UserRemoved1
12-06-2003, 05:38 PM
I actually got some work done today :)

Drilled 60 needles, turned 90 more, turned 143 Dannies

Not a bad day of work :D

Squid kids Dad
12-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Just finished the driveway AGAIN...Changed into dry clothes..Sitting besides the fire with a cold Miller Lite and a taste of Blackberry Brandy..Very relaxing..Still snowing here..

steelhead
12-06-2003, 05:42 PM
I spent the afternoon carving 3 plugs (My first ever!) from an old mahogany toilet plunger handle. No lathe, so I used a jacknife, file and sand paper. Very dusty work :-) They actually came out pretty nice!

BigFish
12-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Boy Steelhead...I hope your toilet doesn't clog up on you...it will be tough to unclog by shoving a 6" pencil popper down there!:laugha: Is it possible for you to post a picture of the plugs you carved?:drool: I love ww...wwwooooood!

steelhead
12-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I'll need some help to do that. If someone can tell me where to send a picture so that I can have a url address that would be great. I do some fly posting on anopther site, but the guy w2ho runs the site is out of town. He usually sends me the url address all set up so all I need to do is copy and paste. I'm afraid I'm not much of a computer guy.

denport
12-06-2003, 06:13 PM
How I tried to keep busy:

Trudged through 4 inches of slush to the truck. While warming it up and sweeping off snow/slush found a dead mouse on the windshield. Coming back inside stepped in 6 inch puddle. Changed socks, shoes, pants. Went to grab coffee...mouth full of grounds. Got to work in Brewster. Forgot 5 gallons of paint. Back to Eastham. Back to Brewster. No power in dark condo. Wait. Wait. Wait. Work. Work. Break for luch. Forgot cash. No lunch. Work. Work. Work. Home at last!!! AOL file corrupted. Re-install. Ice cold Newcastle. Ahhhhhhh. Look at summer fishin' photos. Realise only 119 more days till I'm out there again. Priceless. Life in all of its many difficulties, is not that bad yet.

l.i.fish.in.vt
12-06-2003, 08:47 PM
never bored in Vt because of snow. sort of like saying you are bored because there is too many fish to be caught.

steelhead
12-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Posted the plugs on the Plug Board...

blackeye
12-06-2003, 09:10 PM
shoveled twice so far and went to the store for supplies-30 pack of beer and a few decks of smokes. gonna head to the man cave and make some noise:D

UserRemoved1
12-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Add 83 poppers

I quit :D

macojoe
12-06-2003, 09:22 PM
No snow shovling for me!! Thats why I had kids!! Son did the walk and drive last night late. The rain has washed all snow away!! Well not really but I have grass on the lawn right now so there is not all that much left. It is 39* in the Hyannis area right now!
I started to build a new rod today!! Got alot done. I got all the under wraps done and the corktape on. Real seat yesterday. I hope to get the guides all done tomorrow, and the Diamond warp on the foregrip.

I am going to get new tire on the Blazer Monday,There goes another $600 bucks!!!!!!!!!

So I might try to finish up the rod on Tue or Wed.

I want to get 5 rods done this winter at this rate I will be done by the end of jan. then what am i going to do???????:smash:

Notaro
12-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I am so bored.

Slingah
12-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Officially BORED:smash: