View Full Version : fishing posts in here

tlapinski
12-07-2003, 07:38 AM
just a reminder, this forum is for fishing and fishing related posts. non fishing things go HERE (http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22) or HERE (http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=41) . no need to add clutter in here. enough people have shyed away already, i don't want to see anyone else limit their input because of a lack of quality content.

one last thing, the more you post does NOT = the more you know. remember that.

leptar
12-07-2003, 07:59 AM
Lack of quality content?? Man you have some issues... I just saw your buddies post over in the scuppers.. now thats some bulls**t and your the second one to post in it... talk about totally offended.. I can't see how people can joke or get a laugh at the expense of the mentally disabled. I remember Opie and Anthony had a website with a disclamier because of the content. This place does not have one because it's family oriented or so i thought.

EDIT: Sorry about the language..

BigFish
12-07-2003, 10:30 AM
I feel as though that was directed at me T-Lap....boy, I hope not!!!! I gotta agree with Leptar, there are quite a few things I have seen posted here that not only walk the line between good taste and downright filth, the offender should have been repremanded mightily!!!! I put these posts up because it is the holiday season, snowing out and I thought it might help get people through and have some fun. Scuppers and Grumpy Old Farts were not the place to get it done in my mind, as nobody has been in those forums! Don't like em'....don't feed into em'!:af: :af: :splat: What does "the more you post does not=the more you know" mean??? I know what you mean, and if it were true I would not be looking to you for knowledge!

tlapinski
12-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by leptar
now thats some bull****.... family oriented or so i thought. noe that's really family oriented language. :eek:

BF, i wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular, but it is funny that you took offense. guilty conscience???? no-one in the grumpy and scuppers forum? are we looking at the same place? by the more you post... i am referring to posts per day. i just passed 1000 posts this morning, but compare how long i have been posting with this handle as compared to others.

there are alot of people here that post and post and talk out there a$$ on things they have no knowledge with. it is funny how the "johnny-come-latelys" seem to know everything.......:yak4:

beachwalker
12-07-2003, 11:31 AM
looks like 1001 posts of hot air to me

I think that qualifies as family centered humor ?

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

tlapinski
12-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by beachwalker
looks like 1001 posts of hot air to me

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/fart.gif :laughs:

Slingah
12-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Who TF are you T guns a blazin?

BigFish
12-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Boy T-Lap...your not making alot of friends on this site this morning with your lack of judgement in your comments! Talk about talking out the wrong orafice, and how do you know these people don't know what they are talking about???? Sounds like you are coming across as the "know it all"! As far as my concience being "guilty" it will never happen....I have no reason to be guilty or feel guilty about anything that I say or do! As far as directing your posts at "anyone in particular" if you have a problem with someone...have the nerve to take up the issue with them one on one! I would have alot more respect for anyone that can deal with me or anyone else that way than by sliding by on inuendo and vague' "not directing at anyone in particular" comments! If the kettle is black.....say it is black! I wouldn't slam the "johnny-come-latelys" either T-Lap....talk about turning people away from this site? I think I have covered all of my bases here this morning...two hot bagels and coffee waiting! Have a good morning T-Lap! No hard feelings on this end!:wave:

tlapinski
12-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
Have a good morning T-Lap! No hard feelings on this end!:wave:

perhaps it was the lack of sleep, perhaps the snow. have a fine day. :D

Slingah
12-07-2003, 12:52 PM
I myself enjoy BigFish's threads. When I come on the site there is something to read and/or respond to.
Sometimes things are slow and he tries to living things up.
It seems to me there is plenty of room to talk about other stuff in the winter.
Any comments???

JohnR
12-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey guys - this is going to be a real long winter so maybe everyone should lighten up a bit. Maybe it is that the newer one is to posting on forums, the more jovial and conversant and the longer the crustier? I dunno but lets make this an OK winter and not a real PIA please...

Yes, the majority of non-fishing stuff should go in Scuppers or G.O.P ...

Not that this is all about Lapinksi/BigFish but I know both of you and you both hard charge a bit and I can see butting of heads, just don't stick the heads up your butts...

Now I'm not pissed at all, just hope that this is not indicative of what's down the road or its gonna be a long winter.

If any of you have some good ideas on how to Romper Room fever with minimum ruffage, let's here them...

Thanks...

Oh & I need a new signature...

Jenn
12-07-2003, 01:13 PM
I have to agree...."not really fishing" related should go to the scuppers....that is what the scuppers is for. if you need to 'liven things up' go there and others will follow.....IF they so choose that is.

capesams
12-07-2003, 01:40 PM
looks like this whole thing belongs in the grumpage forum:hihi: don't get any on ya when ya p*** on each other:p I know,I know back ta my hole, but someone left the door ajar I just had to peek out.

beachwalker
12-07-2003, 01:41 PM
heehee :)

Skitterpop
12-07-2003, 01:46 PM
:cheers: :chatter :humpty: :jump: :lm: :love: :wavey: :wave:

bloocrab
12-07-2003, 01:49 PM
....this site has changed since I've joined. It might not have gone in the direction I would have liked it to ..but who am I? I'm sure alot of people don't read my threads either...and I could give a rat's ass...It's easy to sit behind a screen and type what's on your mind at that second..even if tomorrow you question what you typed. I gotta say, the best thing about this site (to me)...has nothing to do with the boards/posts. It's about the people I've met personally. The one's that have welcomed me into their lives..as a friend. It's still weird for me ..meeting someone from the internet, it's NOT natural. I think some members are down right stupid to fishing and don't have a clue about what they think they know...but WHO the hek am I and WHAT do I know?? (I'm just a guy with too much time on his hands on a snowy day)...

..,oh well, we ALL possess the power to move on. Post, or NOT post.....I find myself reading fewer and fewer posts...nothing personal, I have my opinions...but opinions are like :bshake: so who cares? People tend to take this "internet" #^&#^&#^&#^& personal...shame on them. It is.. what it is...a network of people who can interact with each other without any repercussions. Fishing related or not...you can't control what people do, you can't make everyone happy...even when you try to satisfy the majority...you still end up looking like a jerk. John does his best, it may not be the way you or I would do it...but in a sense, it's his site. We are the ingredients but John is the chef.

..stirrr......stirrrrr......stirrrrrrrrr

TheRattBoy
12-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Boy this is starting to feel like that "other " site:( johnny "the Ratt Boy"

beachwalker
12-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Bloo,

Good answer

:hihi:

UserRemoved1
12-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Oh go shovel ya driveway and wipe that smile off ya avatar or I come and dump sawdust in ya driveway :smash:

:laughs:

Originally posted by pisrfcstr
Boy this is starting to feel like that "other " site:( johnny "the Ratt Boy"

JohnR
12-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Bloo - I don't know what direction the board should / would go. Ideally I guess it will remain a healthy fishing forum with not too much ego, head butting, or 'tude and generally stay a great bunch of guys and gals. I do hear from time to time people beyotching about how they don't like this or don't like that but never hear any follow suggestions on how to make it better... Personally I want it to remain a great bunch of people that fish...

To everyone - what would make this a better place? Not wanting flip or glib answers but what? How does a site stay accomodating to all or most?

beachwalker
12-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Hooters

bloocrab
12-07-2003, 02:26 PM
..you know what they say when on Nantucket....

:happy:

...JohnR, theres nothing wrong with your driving.

beachwalker
12-07-2003, 02:27 PM
fahkit ?

:eek: uh oh.......

JohnR
12-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bloocrab
..you know what they say when on Nantucket....

...JohnR, theres nothing wrong with your driving.

Shoulda seen the snowbank I took out earlier :eek5: :hihi:

fishsmith
12-07-2003, 03:23 PM
What would make this a better site?

lets see ego problems seem to be a root cause, I think if I post more, this site will get better :D

Krispy
12-07-2003, 10:23 PM
its all my fault.
sorry

Slipknot
12-07-2003, 10:29 PM
always is :D

Krispy
12-07-2003, 10:31 PM
:D

Johnny C
12-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Maybe instead of a BBQ next summer, we can set up a boxing tourny.
Just a healthy way to get things off your chest.
As far as mis placed posts...
Don't read what you don't want to read.
end of story.

bassmaster
12-08-2003, 01:05 PM
krissy look what You did now:smash:

Krispy
12-08-2003, 01:06 PM
end of story.
thanks for telling us how its gonna be :rolleyes: :smash:

chris L
12-08-2003, 02:37 PM
wow !!!!!
does this mean I have to stop posting ? I dont post anything about fishing , have no clue how to , where to ( can ya give me a few spots ? )

I have been repremanded plenty and will be more in the future .

bud8fan
12-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Is it the fact that the fishing is over? Or the snow?

Either way!

Did you know you can buy Xanax online without a prescription!:smash: :smash: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Just a thought?

fishweewee
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by bud8fan
Did you know you can buy Xanax online without a prescription!

Will it enlarge yer weenie? :laughs:

JHABS
12-08-2003, 08:21 PM
I have 2 pairs of boxing gloves, Can I have the first Match...........:smash: :happy: :D

UserRemoved1
12-08-2003, 09:01 PM
hmmmmm

:laughs: :wavey:

Originally posted by JHABS
I have 2 pairs of boxing gloves, Can I have the first Match...........:smash: :happy: :D

scoobe
12-09-2003, 12:57 AM
That bouncing white thing freaks me out.

Krispy
12-09-2003, 01:17 AM
I stole Puffin' Fresh's hat :)

Hee heeee :poke: Oww!