View Full Version : Al Gag Presentation

DZ
12-10-2003, 12:25 PM
For those of you who are interested:
Guest Speaker Al Gag!
The Newport County Salt Water Fishing Club is pleased to announce that noted lure maker Al "Gag" Gagliarduci will be our featured speaker at our December 18th meeting. Al is the owner of "Gag's International" a new lure company. He is also former owner of Gag's Grabber lures. Al has developed a new lure that mimics river herring. This new lure is called the "Slammer" and Al will give our club a video presentation on techniques for its use. Al will also raffle off a half dozen of his "Slammers" and have more for sale. All proceeds of this event will go to Al's charity of choice – the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).
Members will be admitted free – non-members are asked to donate $5.00 at the door. Presentation will will at the Newport Yacht Club on Long Wharf in Newport. If interested in attending send an email to zambrotd@nwc.navy.mil
DZ

Saltheart
12-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a good program!

JohnR
12-10-2003, 09:11 PM
See you then DZ...

Jonny Bolt
12-11-2003, 01:28 AM
I have a green/silver Slammer, but not sure if its one of Al's. A bit heavy for the rivers/marsh, but works well off the boat.

I'd like to compare mine to one of these new ones. I would be very interested in something like this, as I fish the rivers in the marsh ALOT :)

I'd like to put it up against the Mann's Sea Snake.

scoobe
12-11-2003, 03:00 AM
I'd like to put it up against the Mann's Sea Snake.

Read fast... that's just not right. :smash:

Ed B
12-17-2003, 11:57 AM
I just want to bump this back to the top if anybody is interested.
Al's show is tommorrow evening. Thursday 12/18 at 7 pm.

Ed

JohnR
12-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi Ed :wavey:

Ed B
12-17-2003, 12:30 PM
How're you doing John. :wavey: See you tommorrow. For anyone who has seen Al Gag before you know he is entertaining and this should be a good time.:D

RI Popper
12-17-2003, 07:00 PM
If anyone hasn't had the opportunity to hear Al speak, take advantage of it. He's very entertaining and an all around good guy. Not only do I do business with him, but he's also a friend. if you have a chance, it's worth it to have a good time and learn something too.

Armand

steelhead
12-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Sounds like the one I went to in Marblehead back in November. Auctions off about 6 plugs, talks about the development of the plug (which is an interesting story) If he doesn't tell it, ask him about the night he was on a breachway in Rhode Island and lets this guy, total stranger, use his only plug in existence to fish with! A good story! Then he shows a good video.

Here's the plug.... The body is about 7" long. Not sure what it weights.

bloocrab
12-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Gonna try and make it...:)

Nebe
12-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Yeah! That was one funny lecture! :laughs: Al certianly is a storyteller.
John, good to see you as always..

DZ, good to meet you, as well as Tattoo. :D:

I'll be staring at those plugs we got all winter:smash: Spring just can't come fast enough..

JohnR
12-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Eben - good seeing you....

As usual, Al was his comical self... Talked about a couple other interesting things in the pipeline ...

Patrick - he also brought up his next "gig"

bloocrab
12-20-2003, 12:32 PM
:( ..work ran late that day, but thanks for the email DZ

NIB
12-20-2003, 03:57 PM
I've been usin his stuff for years the smaller mambo's were dynamite when we had sand eels.then all the sudden all these aftermarket type plugs started showin up.Talk about a ripoff of style these things were basically the same lures.I met his son in a ABA largemouth tourney on Candlewood nice kid,had the sponsor logo of his dads co on the boat so I went over to talk with him,then I met his dad at the Mass Bass show super guy.Talked with him for a while He is quite a character.To bad I live 200 miles away.I would have enjoyed it.