View Full Version : Laid-off Grumpage!

Canalratt1
12-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Well for the second time this year I got laid-off!:af: Nine months on the new job and on friday they tell me goodbye! Merry f%&*#@$ Xmas! Looks like a change is needed but I have no idea what. Glad Bambi went down on saturday so I have some meat for the winter.

chris L
12-10-2003, 04:26 PM
that sucks !

BigFish
12-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Canalratt1! That is not exactly great timing! I just can't get over these heartless companies....can't they friggin at least wait until after the holidays!!!! Would it kill them to wait a few weeks?:huh: Any way, sorry again for your mis-fortune! I am sure brighter things lie ahead for you, good luck!:kewl: OOoopps...sorry, supposed to be grumpin'!:af: :splat: :peessed:

JohnR
12-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Tony - sorry to hear man :( - really am... Wanna startup a business together?

Slipknot
12-10-2003, 07:06 PM
:( Bummer Tony, sorry to hear that:(

Got Stripers
12-10-2003, 07:47 PM
I feel your pain, in my back, my wrist, my knee, well almost every body part screaming since I started roofing to feed the family while looking. Good luck in your search, hopefully mine will end soon with the new year.

Mike P
12-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Hang in there Tony.

Canalratt1
12-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, yah with a daughter in college this is a tough one. John any luck out there at all? I should be alright money wise with unemployment and some side work, whatever I can get but without medical I have to pay for my daughters insurance through her school. Oh my company said if I want to still carry my insurance its only about 950$ a month!

fishweewee
12-11-2003, 12:06 PM
sorry to hear that, man.

the good news is that there is some good news...light at the end of this awful tunnel. economies picking up, should be a matter of time before the job market goes cuckoo...especially after New Year's.

-WW

STEVE IN MASS
12-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Tony.....look into the unemployment office for help with the insurance....they have various programs (both with COBRA and without), and I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of them while I still qualifeid....initially I believed I wouldn't qualify, but found out differently after it was too late.....:smash:

Oh, and welcome to the club (again).....going on two years, and things still ain't too bright, and I'm getting a bit frustrated....fortunately, between an excellent severance package, no kids, refinancing my mortgage with an excellent plan, a wifw with a job, some oppurtonic investment results, some odd side work, and a whole lot of prior savings, I'm not too bad off, but the savings were supposed to be for retirement...:(

vineyardblues
12-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear this ! I am currently working for 1/3 of what I have made in the past, I KNOW it su*cks just hang in their and think about all the good things you have .
Best of luck to all of us.
VB

JohnR
12-12-2003, 03:45 PM
I was recently asked if I would work for what works out to 40% of what my last job paid - but I can't afford to. I'll take a 28K discount but I can't afford a 48K discount :(

Tagger
12-14-2003, 07:41 PM
UNENJOYMENT !!!!!:af: :af: Hang in there Tony..