View Full Version : Got a Good Excuse?

Jimbo
12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm on a committee that planned a company holiday function for tonight. It's at Princeton Univ. in one of their "eating clubs" which from my understanding is like a fraternity wannabe (please correct me if I'm wrong about that), only now I don't want to go. Anyone got a good excuse? It's gotta be believable so please be very, very creative...."Yes, [name of VP of HR goes here] we were unable to attend because the dog had its way with the pantleg of my festive holiday outfit". Please! Someone get me outta this!

BigFish
12-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Flu....Slipped and twisted a knee, ankle, back or whacked your head! Uh...just make up a dang excuse and run with it Jimbo!:angel:

Jimbo
12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Aside from an excuse, all that stuff is going to happen to me when I tell my wife I don't want to go, she's all ready to go now.

fishweewee
12-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I'd go, should be a fun time with you and your wife.

Can't tell you how many times I've been kicked out of a friend's eating club... :laughs: Been booted out of everwhere except MIT. Nerds. :smash:

redlite
12-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Grab a bucket and a glass of Coke. Go dump the Coke in the toilet and sit on the toilet with your head buried in the bucket moaning. Tell her you can't stop blowing out both ends. If she doesn't belive you , have her look in the toilet to see the brown crap comin out.

Not that I've ver used this routine.................................

Jimbo
12-12-2003, 04:41 PM
OK, I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. If the Coke thing doesn't work, FWW what exactly can I do to get myself kicked out of one of those places? Does it have anthing to do with undegraduate coeds, because I'll try anything.

Katie
12-12-2003, 05:00 PM
lets see....

no breaks on car...someone else is useing your car,so you have no car to use.... sick... family death.... ummm.. call from someone elses cell phone in a car and make it sound like your somewhere else like in california or something... i like that coke one...:laughs: or you could just cry histerically and say that you just don't want to go. (only about 10% effective):D

That should help...:D

--Katie

chris L
12-12-2003, 05:13 PM
just walk up to him/her and puke at her feet . very good way of getting out of anything with anyone .

go asnd get plowed youll have fun

Jimbo
12-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Sometimes that woman knows just what to say to get her way with me. In a very carefully worded and rather explicit email, I was just reminded by my sneaky, but very alluring wife that WE actually met in my fraternity house, reminding me also that those early stages of our relationship made scenes from 9 1/2 Weeks look like a Sunday afternoon episode on the Religion Channel and if I played my cards right , dropped her off out front while I parked and then scouted her out inside like I stalked her the first time we met, it might get me a passionate little trip down memory lane later later on. The only problem is that I was soooooo drunk the night we met, I don't even remember it! I guess Chris is right, get plowed and I should be that same guy I was 25 years ago!?!?

RickBomba
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Jimbo,
No wonder you fit in so well with Me, Mikey, and Chris!
Go and have fun! These things usually seem like a drag to me, but once I'm out, I always have a good time.
Later,
Rick:buds:

chris L
12-12-2003, 09:30 PM
there you go . I may look and act stupid but I have 35+ years of being a jerk .

Katie
12-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by chris L
there you go . I may look and act stupid but I have 35+ years of being a jerk .

thats nothing... i have 10 years of being dumb and in trouble... (don't ask):laughs: